d e c i d e d

"Mum, can be an idol?" I asked my mum while covering my eyes.
There was a silence.
I squeezed her hands.
"Well, there's gonna be like an audition soon, and there's a chance for me to become a trainee for one of the Big 3 !"
Still silence.
"Mum?"
My mum takes a deep breath. "Why?"
I gulped,"It's something I've thought about a long time ago, I wanted to tell you earlier but-"
My mum hugged me tightly. She patted my back.
"Y/N, I love you and I know you know that. You're my one and only.It's not that I wouldn't let you or anything. Remember what happened to your brother , Jaehyun?"
I flashed back.
.
Jaehyun and I are brothers and sisters. We are very close. Well, used to be close. Until one day, when he got an offer to be a trainee at an agency in Seoul.  My mum gave him a chance to be an idol cause it was something he had always dreamed of. He ended up in an idol group called NCT. During his trainee days, he would call mum everyday and visit her once a month. But since he debuted, not a single call. My mum thought "He's very busy with his idol life, i'm sure he'll call sometime" .After a few months, still nothing. We got worried. We decided to visit him at the agency.
"Aww~my baby Jae has grown up so much"
"Mum stop it, you're embarrassing me in front of my members"
"How is this called embarrassing?"
His members were provoking him, "Wow, baby Jae, mama's boy." They started laughing.
"Mum-"
He grabbed me and my mum's wrist and brought us outside of the company.
"Oppa! I wanted to meet your members!" I said with high hopes.
"Mum, please, don't visit me anymore, it's embarrassing..."
"Why? Now, I can't even visit my own son?"
"Oppa, don't take it to serious, I'm sure they were just joking!" said the 10 years old me.
"Mum, if you love me, then follow as what I said, don't visit me"
He walked away and stopped.
"Oh, and if you see me anywhere, just act like you don't know me"
My mum fell down. She started crying.
I felt anger in me. I ran to Jaehyun.
I grabbed his arm and made him look at me.
"Oppa, you didn't have to be that rude you know. She's your mum, how could you do that to her?"
"Then, I'd like to admit this. SHE'S NOT MY MUM AND I DON'T KNOW HER! AND YOU TOO Y/N! I'LL ACT LIKE BOTH OF YOU HAD NEVER EXISTED IN MY LIFE EVER"
He pulled his arm away from me.
"If only you''d understand how it feels like to be an idol" he said before walking away.
I fell to the ground, crying:

"Oppa... I hate you !!!"
.
"Mum," I said to her while breaking the hug. "If you let me become an idol, I'll promise to never ever be like him"
A smile grew on my mother's face. She puts her hands on my cheeks and said "That's my Y/N"
I smiled.
"Fine then. I proudly announce that Jung Y/N will officially be allowed to be an idol"
I gasped.
"MUM! I LOVE YOU SO MUUCHHH! MUAH THANK YOU!!!" I said out of excitement while jumping around.
"Ya! Don't get too excited! Remember, you still need to be in first place!"
"Yeah, I will!"
I ran out of her room to my room and opened my phone to message Dongpyo.

𝑫𝒐𝒏𝒈𝑫𝒐𝒏𝒈🤪

Okay wish me luck!

7.00 p.m

Ya! Guess what ?

What?

My mum! SHE LET ME!