Ch 2- Savior Named Steven

Steven's P.O.V

According to my phone, the time is 7:05 AM. Now the trouble I find myself running into is the question of Homeworld following the same timezone as Delmarva. Or even if it has a timezone to begin with! I mean, Gems are immortal so they don't have to bother themselves with keeping track of time, right!? Ugh, for the sake of my own sanity, or lack thereof, I'll just go along with what my phone tells me. My stomach, on the other hand, is telling me something different. 

Stretching, groaning, and feeling my back pop, I sit up from my bed and swiftly get off onto the nice cool floor. I yawn a couple of times twist my neck to get the kinks out, searching around for my duffel bag. Luckily, it's right where I left it, meaning that Blue Pearl hasn't moved it or anything. Unzipping the top and reaching inside, I pull out some Eggo waffles I'd packed beforehand. Before I have to bite into it though, a soft voice interrupts me.

"My Diamond has requested your presence at your earliest convenience, Steven" Blue Pearl announces. 

I smile in response and chew on the waffle, Blue Pearl watching with great interest.

"Pardon my asking, but what is that you are chewing on?" She then asks, her voice tinged with nervousness. 

I grin at her cuteness and with the help of my floating powers, I jump through the air and sail toward Blue Pearl, landing right in front of her. She blushes at the closeness, but I think nothing further of it.

"Go ahead, try some" I offer, holding it out in the palm of my hand. 

Blue Pearl hesitates at first, but then leans down and scoops it up with her mouth. She then chews on it, looking cute with her cheeks all puffed up and everything. After swallowing, Blue Pearl thanks me and then suddenly burps, her voice reaching the height of a mouse squeak. She looks down in embarrassment and blushes. I give her some time to recuperate, which is fortunately not long, but I can definitely say I've been there before.

"Alright, I'm ready to see Blue. What about you?" I ask, my tone a mix of cool and laid back with some gentlemanly respect in there too.

"Yes" She replies, opening the door for the both of us, "And thank you for your kindness, Steven Diamond".

"It's who I am" I say, lightly bopping the Pearl on her tip-of-a-pencil nose before strutting out of the room. 

From behind, I hear slight giggling, which in turn makes me smile because I love making people laugh. The two of us then walk side by side the rest of the way down the flights of stairs, through the numerous, never-ending hallways, and towards the majestic Diamond throne room. Along the way, I wave hello to many Gems that are comfortable enough to make the first move in greeting me. They're all nice and friendly, making it an even warmer welcome for me personally, but within a particularly large crowd of these passersby that I come across, I swear that I see a Jasper peeking around a column behind all the excited Amethysts. It's not just any Jasper either, because the tall and buff manner gives her away.

In any case, I keep that little fact in the back of my head, and watch as Blue Pearl and I walk right up to the doors of the throne room, her pushing the twin slabs inside with more muscle than I thought possible for a Pearl. The inside's so empty, minus the illustrious Blue Diamond looking radiant as ever, that you could hear a cricket if you tried so hard. But, like I said, there, on her throne, sits Blue, appearing bored as she rests her chin on one hand while aimlessly swiping right across her screen. Good thing she's not on Tinder, otherwise I'd be wondering what she does in her spare time. Blue Pearl then halts, does the Diamond Salute with her arms, and announces that I've arrived. At the sound of my name, Blue's head shoots up from her screen and looks at me, the holo pad being quickly pushed to the side.