V

When I woke up my head was on his shoulder whilst his head rested on mine. We were somehow wrapped in a blanket which is possibily how we had dried, his hand was above the blanket on his lap, palm facing upwards with the rag still in his grip.

I lifted his head so it was resting on the wall behind us and I examined the bump on the side of his head. It was not that big but it was bright red with a scab that had formed over night. I took the rag out of his hand and whilst I struggled getting out of the blanket I somehow managed not to disturb him.

I soaked it in water with my last cup and returned to him. He had woken up and he was looking around for me.

"I am here!"

"Oh thank God! I thought you left again!"

"No, I went to clean the rag so I can then clean the dried blood off from around your wound!" I leant forward to lower my eyesight so it was level, I could now see it clearer. And I delicately wiped around the wound cleaning the skin from the red stain that was on it.

"Thank you Celia!"

I stood back up straight and gave him a warming smile, "done!"

"Super! So what do you want to do today?"

"I was just going to stay here!"

"Do you usually stay in your tree all the time?"

"Yes, unless I go to the stream to wash, or go for a wander!"

"How about I take you to the meadow?"

"In that wide open space! A human could see me!"

"They won't as this property is mine, and it's private!"

He waited as I ran a million different problems through my mind. "How can you be sure?"

"Just trust me!"

***

I was fastening my cloak over my shoulders but it had not covered my damaged wing, I was about to reach for it but Nate lifted it and placed it over delicately! I found it so interesting that a human could be so delicate!

I had taken the wing brace off, and I had changed my dress. Which was just as hard to get out of as it was to put on! I had to ask for help again, Nate had to get my wings out of the straps whilst I wrapped a blanket around the lower part of my body, it did sting but not as bad as when my wing was more damaged and I had to put the dress on! I had decided to wear a sunset coloured dress, it had orange, blending into yellow, from the top to the bottom and faded as it went down. I wore a red tulip flower crown I had made myself on a day I had gone for a walk and collected them. Now I was stood next to Nate ready to head to the meadow, I was very nervous!

We stepped out of the tree together and it was silent, why were the birds not singing?

"There is something wrong!"

"I feel it too!" I looked at Nate surprised. Both of our attention snapped to our left when we heard a twig snap.

I moved closer to Nate to hide behind him and I wrapped my arms around his right.

"Who's there?"

"Hey Nate!" I peeped around the back of Nate to see another human appear out of the trees, my breathing began to shake and my lips trembled. "Who you hiding there?" Nate moved his arm out of my grip and then wrapped it over my shoulders, my cloak definitely pressed down so it could not reveal my wings.

Nate moved us around so we were facing the human, and he whispered to me, "stay calm!" So I nodded in response.

"Oh hey there! Isn't she the psycho girl?"