iii

We had returned back downstairs. "I love how everything is carved out of the tree, it's so interesting!"

"Thank you for all of your help. But you can leave me now!"

"I can't do that! You're not healed yet, you need someone to look after you! Where are your parents?"

"I live alone!"

"Where are they though? They can't just abandon you!"

"They are not here! I do not wish to talk about them!"

"Were they mean to you?"

"Please!"

"I'm sorry. I'm just curious!"

I rested my hand on the wall as I began to make my way slowly up the stairs, Nate rushed over but I held my other hand up to stop him from helping me. "I want to at least get up my own stairs by myself!" I lifted my hand off the wall to place it higher up so I could climb up further but I began to fall backwards. Nate managed to grab me before I fell down the stairs, and I began to cry!

"I've got you it's fine!"

"No it is not that! I am just depressed that I cannot even climb my own stairs without someone having to watch my every movement. Watching every step just in case I almost injure myself further!"

"Just let me help, then soon you will be able to do everything yourself!"

"All I want is to lie down!"

Nate supported me from behind as I carried on climbing the stairs. We went down the corridor and we reached the end where the wall blocked us from going any further.

"What now?"

I placed my palm on the wall and walked through it. I forgot to pull Nate with me. "Celia, how do I get through!"

"Just do what I did!"

"I am but it's not working!"

I sighed, "let him through!"

"Are you talking to the tree?"

"I know he is human! I brought him here, now let him through!"

"Celia, my hands disappearing!"

"Follow it!"

His head appeared through the wall that was underneath a little archway.

"You talked to the tree!"

"Yes!"

"But it's a tree!"

"We Fairies have had a gift of being able to speak with nature, and this tree did not like the fact that you were human, so it was not going to let you through!"

"But it's a tree!"

"With feelings!"

"But-"

"I will have to teach you how one day! Then you will realise!"

"Is that why you talked to that tree when we first met?"

"Yes, I was thanking it for letting me get myself up, without warning its owner!"

"So can all fairies talk to every tree?"

"No, it is rare. I was always able to ever since I was very young and all other Fairies can only talk to their tree!"

"That is actually really cool!"

"Can you help me get-"

"Sure, sorry!" Nate held my arm and I pointed to my bed, so he walked me over.