Chapter 2

The lobby was warm, yet Gabriel didn't let go of her until they were in the front desk.

-Welcome to the Holiday Inn - smiled the receptionist.

-Good afternoon, two rooms please- said Nathalie.

-Oh, I am sorry Ma'am we only have only one room left. - answered the girl.

At this point Gabriel was back again in the phone with Mr. Ricci.

-Excuse me Sir, there is only one room left and...-

-Yes, whatever- interrupted Gabriel turning away to continue with his call.

-We will take it. - said Nathalie unaffected by his boss's attitude.

The room was in the 5th floor, it had one queen sized bed, two night tables, two armchairs with a table, a TV, a closet and the bathroom. Nothing compared to the big, beautiful suites Gabriel was used to. Yet, they were there for a couple of hours. Or so they thought.

-Thank you- said Gabriel as he gave the bellboy a tip and closed the door. -Do you want to take a shower? - he asked Nathalie.

-No Sir, I will wait until we get home- she answered looking outside the window into the storm. She couldn't see anything past half a meter.

-Alright, I will- he said. He took some things from his suitcase and walked into the bathroom.

Nathalie always packed extra clothes in case of emergency, which came up handy that day.

She sat on the armchair and started going through her mails. Nothing important had come up, which was lucky, given the situation they were stuck in. Her phone rang, it was Adrien.

-Adrien hello.

-Nathalie! It's so good to hear you, I have been trying to contact you and father for a long time now, I was worried – said the boy in the other side of the line.

-I know, I am so sorry, the storm is so dense, there was no signal. We are now in a Holiday Inn, waiting until it is safe to drive again. Your father is taking a shower now. We should be home in a couple of hours.

-It's so good to hear you guys are someplace safe, but Nathalie, I think you are going to be stuck there for a very long time. – said Adrien in an amused voice.

-What do you mean? – asked Nathalie not fully understanding.

-Turn on the TV- answered the boy. Nathalie did.

"Don't be bemused, it's just the news... Nadja Chamack again with this special report on the incredible storm hitting half of our country. The government has decided to close almost all airports as well as most highways. We recommend everyone to stay off road for the night. We'll be back in a couple of hours. In other news..."

-Perfect- said Gabriel distracting Nathalie from the TV.

But she immediately felt like choking. There was Gabriel Agreste, the man of her dreams, her perfect Adonis, completely shirtless, drying his hair with a towel. It would have been really embarrassing if he had seen Nathalie, drooling and staring at him, at his perfect muscles, in ecstasy. Lucky for her he was staring at the TV.

-Nathalie are you still there, is that my father? – Asked Adrien. By this moment, Nathalie had completely forgotten Adrien was at the phone.

-Uh, yes, let me hand him the phone- said Nathalie standing up and walking towards Gabriel, eyes down trying not to stare at his bare chest. – It's Adrien sir- she handed him the phone.

Gabriel spoke a few words with Adrien. Nathalie quickly turned around and walked towards the window, she could feel her heart pounding on her ears, her face burning, she needed some air.

"For the second time today Nathalie, pull yourself together, just breathe"- she thought to herself.

-You know what Sir? I do need a shower - said Nathalie as she dragged her whole suitcase into the bathroom. "Oh my God Nathalie, take a cold shower".