Number

The next day Yuri arrived at school early as usual. She always was one the first people to arrive in her class just like in the literature club. However there was a person who had never been nearly enough to an early arrival but regardless, she finally made it.

Yuri knew very well the group of 4 always got to class late if they even entered the first class, that was one of the reasons why she liked to be there early, so she could have some peace. Not that she needed to worry about that anymore as of late, that's to a certain beauty of pink hair, but still, she liked to be punctual.

The shy bookworm noticed the anomaly but decided not to pay attention, so she went to her seat and took out a book she was re-reading in her times alone called "Dreamcatcher".

The anomaly of black long twintails seat was two chairs behind the purple haired one, with only a nerdy guy between them who had already arrived as well. The girl with the light brown eyes did not waste any time and used her power against the boy. "Hey, do you mind if we change seats for today?", the twintailed girl said with a sweet voice behind the nerds shoulder. "E-Eh? Sure!", said the boy whose only female voice he'd heard from this close was his mothers. "Thank you! You're so kind!", the black haired girl said with a happy smile. The boy blushed madly and grabbed his stuff quickly leaving his seat empty for the girl who calmly moved her own stuff to it. The boy sat down behind the girl now and was about to try to talk to her a bit more but gave up when she saw her leaning forward to talk to her purple haired classmate.

For Yuri it took no less than 5 seconds to get immersed in her book so when she felt a gentle tap on her shoulder she jumped on her seat slightly. "Oops, sorry if I startled you", said a girls voice from behind. "A-Ah, no, i-it is fine, umm d-do you need something?", Yuri asked shyly as she turned her head to see who had tapped her shoulder. "Oh no, nothing really, I just wondered whatcha reading?", the twintailed girl said while she rested her chin on one hand looking at her with a sweet smile. "O-Oh, g-good morning Erika", Yuri greeted her politely while she tried to hide her stunned face behind her hair. "Morning Yuri!", Erika replied still smiling from ear to ear. "Umm, i-it is c-called Dreamcatcher", Yuri replied hiding her face behind the book showing it to the girl at the same time. "Stephen King huh, cool I like his books too!", Erika said without taking her light brown eyes off the shy girl's face. "E-Eh, y-you do? I-I thought you d-did not like books?", Yuri said confused. "I do! Why else would I join the literature club?", Erika replied with a toothy grin. "Umm, b-but that t-time y-you said-", Yuri spoke being cut off mid sentence. "I know what I said, but that's in the past, you said it, right? Besides, I really do like books, it's just that... Well, I was afraid of my friends knowing, you know how they are, or were...", Erika said finally looking off to the side with what Yuri believed was sadness in her eyes. "I-I see", Yuri replied with a gentle smile that made Erika look at her again with blush on her cheeks. "S-So! I like horror novels too, I've read some of Kings books as well", Erika said looking at the purple haired beauty again. "T-that is great, w-what is your favorite?", Yuri replied politely. "Mmm from King? I'd say Misery. Though if you ask me about my all time favorite I'd go for Poe's extraordinary tales!", Erika replied with her eyes more focused on Yuri's reaction. "T-That is nice, I never expected y-you to like Poe of all p-people... A-Ah sorry I-I did not mean to sound r-rude!", Yuri replied hiding her blushing face behind the book. Erika blushed at the adorable sight and replied, "don't sweat the small stuff! So, what about you, what's your all time favorite?". Yuri was still confused at the girls odd interest for books and her in general but following her kind and polite nature she replied. "Umm, it i-is called Portrait o-of Markov", she replied. "Heh... I haven't read that one, perhaps you could lend it to me sometime?", Erika said leaning forward a little more. "Y-Yes, I-I have no p-problem with that, I-I will bring it to you to-tomorrow", Yuri replied kindly. "Cool, thanks, I'll give it a good read over the weekend and perhaps we could discuss it sometime if you want", Erika said as she stared at the taller girls lips. "E-Eh? A-Ah, y-yes, we c-could discuss it i-in the club", Yuri replied nervously. Erika looked a little disappointed but she recovered her confidence almost immediately as she spoke, "Yeah, the club, and speaking of which could I have your number? I mean we're clubmates now and I would like to have all of you guys numbers in case I can't make it to club one day or stuff like that". Yuri thought about it briefly and decided it should be fine, she got all of her clubmates numbers at first too (even though it was Monika who asked for her number and made the group chat were Yuri practically had access to the other two girls numbers but whatever) so she accepted and gave the newest club member her number which Erika happily added to her contacts. The twintailed girl bit her lip lightly as she thought of the possibilities and when she was about to continue the conversation the math teacher appeared at the door greeting everyone in the class.