Acceptance

Natsuki arrived at the club second as usual. Yuri was waiting for her in her usual desk with a couple of cups of tea and the thick book they had been reading. The purple haired one waved at her with a smile on her face as Natsuki spoke. "Hello again Madame Apologize", the short pink girl said as she sat down next to her friend and made herself comfortable. "Hi", simple but enough, she said with a happy expression that caught the feisty one's attention. "Well aren't we smiley all of sudden? Are you sure you're not Sayori wearing a purple wig and Monika's hidden somewhere with a camera?", the shorter girl said flashing a smile to her friend. "Hehe, maybe?", Yuri said as she leaned closer rubbing Natsuki's shoulder with her arm slightly. "Jesus freaking christ that was so adorable", the pink tsundere immediately thought feeling heat rushing to her cheeks but still keeping her composure. "Alright alright Monika you can come out!", the pink haired one said in joking manner. Yuri simply giggled and smiled at her friend. "W-Well let's get on with this thick baby already", Natsuki said nervously as she pulled the book a little closer to her to which Yuri simply nodded as both started their reading.

"Well another step backwards I guess", the girl with the red bow said as she puffed her cheeks in disappointment. "Haha, it seems so, Sayori. I wouldn't say so though, I can feel the love in the air stronger than ever before! I can almost see hearts floating around them!", the girl with the white ribbon said rising her finger in explanatory manner. "Oh! You're right! I can smell it too!", the bubbly girl said inhaling deeply. Despite Yuri and Natsuki starting to get used to their daily teasing, they both still got their faces hot red also not preventing Natsuki from talking back. "Shut your mainstream mouths you two!!", the feisty one said throwing yet another pen at Sayori aiming for the head. Luckily again Sayori dodged it. "Haha we'll leave you be now you lovey dovey sweethearts, come on Sayori", Monika said heading to the front desk followed by Sayori. "Ugh, I swear to Zeus I'm gonna punched their noses one of these days", the short tsundere said with an annoyed sigh followed by Yuri's soft giggling, which as always, made Natsuki's heart skip a beat.

The rest of the day ended up quietly, both girls read Yuri's book and Natsuki was getting more and more into it as they progressed. They shared poems at some point and finally all left to their respective homes. The pink and purple girls walked home together and chatted about Natsuki's opinion on what she read so far of the book until they finally parted ways.

Natsuki opened the door of her apartment gently as she could hear the faint sound of some sports show from the Tv in the living room. She perked her head to see if her father was awake and as she saw him drinking from a beer can she nervously spoke. "I-I'm home papa, do you need anything?". The skinny man simply shooed her away with a hand motion as he kept drinking. Natsuki felt a great relief as she walked to her room and locked the door. "I'm on a streak lately, he's been too tired to do anything probably. Thank you to those who employ my old man", Natsuki thought as she dropped her stuff on the floor and laid on her bed reflecting again on the recent events.

"Things this week have been crazy. I still can't believe just a few days ago Yuri and I barely spoke to each other aside from arguing. She's so nice to have around... Getting all fluffy again aren't we? Oh god, not again...
What? I'm just your inner voice who helps you realize your deepest desires and stuff, leave me alone. Anyway Yuri's attitude sure has changed in the past few days. Sure she still stutters even a sneeze and she apologises for breathing but she's also been more open about herself. She's told me about the books and things she likes, she even asked me about things she doesn't understand or about hos she feels. She got jealous for you. What, no! She was just worried about being left alone... You liked it. Shut up! I just don't want her to feel left out again, she's my friend. Your "friend" just fed you and stared at you all lovey dovey, what surprises me is that you didn't protest at all! Way to go Nats! That's just something friends do sometimes! Besides she was sensitive at the moment I didn't want to upset her again! Yeah, right. Why don't you just kiss her tomorrow? It'd be great to close this lovey dovey week! You know you've wanted to ever since you'd stare at her soft and lovely lips back when you were enemies. I do not! What about yesterday and the lunch, you wiped the food of her face with your finger, you just make excuses to touch that soft and beautiful skin... No! Goddammit I do not think of her that way! It should be easier for you just to admit you have a crush on her. I don't have a crush on her!" Natsuki's classic train of thought was cut off by a buzz coming from her blazers pocket.

Markov's demoiselle: Greetings!
Master of cupcakes: What do you desire from the great goddess of baking?
Markov's demoiselle: Just wishing you a nice evening! ❤️
Master of cupcakes: I accept your wishes, thank you leader of those who are sorry
Markov's demoiselle: Hehe I do not apologise that much though!
Master of cupcakes: are U fN kIDdinG me?!  Lol you say sorry even with every breath you take! (≧▽≦)
Markov's demoiselle: I do not!
Master of cupcakes: I bet my butt when you walk you apologise to the ants on the ground with every step you take
Master of cupcakes: Yuri be like
O-Oh I'm sorry Mr ant! i didn't mean to almost crush you! I'm sorry earth, my shoes are dirty!
Markov's demoiselle: I just have manners, even with the ants you have to be polite
Master of cupcakes: lol good one there Yuri
Markov's demoiselle: ❤️
Master of cupcakes: ❤️
Markov's demoiselle: ❤️❤️❤️
Master of cupcakes: ❤️❤️❤️
Markov's demoiselle: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Master of cupcakes: alright alright you're gonna suffocate me with those much heart emojis, what are you up to?
Markov's demoiselle: Thinking
Master of cupcakes: About what?
Markov's demoiselle: It is a secret!
Master of cupcakes: (눈‸눈)
Markov's demoiselle: What are you up to?
Master of cupcakes: Thinking too
Markov's demoiselle: About what if I may ask?
Master of cupcakes: it is a secret! (ㆁωㆁ)
Markov's demoiselle: ☹️
Master of cupcakes: lol
Markov's demoiselle: you are a dummy ❤️
Master of cupcakes: don't steal my lines! ಠಗಠ
Markov's demoiselle: You are adorable ❤️
Markov's demoiselle: I am so sorry! Please do not think I am being weird! I did not think!
Master of cupcakes: calm your apologizing tits its k
Markov's demoiselle: Sorry...
Master of cupcakes: relax i think you're kinda nice too
Markov's demoiselle: You mean that?
Master of cupcakes: I'm not repeating myself!
Markov's demoiselle: okay! ❤️

The pink tsundere's heart beat faster when she read "adorable", blushing madly luckily for no one to see. She gathered the courage to tell Yuri she thought good of her as well as she. Natsuki have always had trouble being honest with her feelings, even through texts, not to mention in person. Being the person she is and with the life she had to live she always found herself on the defensive and was not used to others telling nice things to her. She had however softened a little around her purple haired friend. She actually liked being appreciated, as much as she never wanted to admit it. This lead Natsuki back to her reflecting.

"She called me adorable... Hehe if she by some sort of magic had done that in person I bet she would be stuttering and blushing like hell and everything... Enjoying ourselves aren't we? Shut up please. Just admit it. I have nothing to admit. You know that's bullshit. ... Okay, what makes you si afraid of admitting it? I'm not afraid of anything cause I got nothing to admit. You're worried she won't like you back, or that she doesn't even swing that way, I know. I don't know what you're talking about. Look, if she didn't she wouldn't be getting so cheesy around you. Friends don't call their friends adorable right? I'm not listening~ She could like you back, right? She does get all blushy around you and all... She's just shy and blushes for everything, which makes her adora-, you didn't hear that! Come on, say it. Say what? Say you love when she looks at you and tells you nice things I don't know what you're talking about. Say you adore when she blushes and talks to you in that soft and lovely voice of her. Oh look the sun is about to set. Say you feel butterflies when you have her close to you, when she smiles at you. Nope. Say you are enchanting by her mature figure, her long beautiful purple hair, her soft and pale skin, her soft purple eyes... Okay fine! I might have a crush on Yuri and I might have for a while but that's it!! Just shut up!! My work here is done for now.

Natsuki found herself hugging and pressing her face against her pillow. She felt a mix of relief, happiness and warmth inside her chest. However she also felt the bitterness of doubt. Would she ever like her back? If she didn't, would things change between them and would their friendship be ruined forever? These kind of questions lurked around Natsuki's mind for the rest of the night, making a little difficult for her to fall asleep that day.