Chapter 8. Feelings

~ Kaun mera? mera kya tu lage?
Kyu tu bandhe, man ke man se dhage?
Bas chale na kyu mera, tere aage,
Kaun mera? Mera kya tu lage? ~

Mannat looked at her reflection in the mirror and sighed. She could feel the distance between her and the image in the mirror. It wasn't her, it couldn't be. Because the Mannat who loved to dress up had kind of died the day the man who used to adore her with his smiles died.

"I am telling you Princess, you can kill the entire world by your charm!"

"My poor heart!!! You really want to see me stupified no?"

"My crazy fiance, I love you even in your payjamas. And you are worried if you look fine in this gorgeous dress? You look like, umm see it in my eyes, in my smile".

"You look like a goddess in a saree Mannat, wear it every day for me after marriage please? Even if it's specifically only for the night! *wink*"

The window pane striking against the window broke her trance, and Mannat was jolted back to reality. Tears filled her kohl clad eyes as Samar's face crossed her mind. His smile, his tease, his care, his love. Him.

"Why did you leave me and go Samar? Why?", she questioned the wind and hoped it would take her question to the sky or wherever he was residing. Her heart had been aching for an answer since three years, and she hadn't gotten one yet.

Fixing the sleeves of her black blouse, and pinning the pink drape, she smoothened the curves of her shimmery black skirt. She hadn't worn a saree since Samar, except for the first day after her wedding when she had to wear it as a ritual. Every time she even glanced at her precious collection of the classy seven yard, more than half of which was Samar's gifts/choices, she would always go back to those days, her happy days when she took special measures to dress up just to see the gone look on his face, the profound adoration in his eyes and the possesiveness in his body language.

Somebody had said it right, you never learn to unlove someone, even if that someone is dead. The love never goes away, only the memories might fade. Keyword, Might.

The knock on her door made her aware of the time and she turned to see Anurag standing at the entrance. His eyes went wide at her look, a complete surprise on his face as he took her in dolled up look.

 His eyes went wide at her look, a complete surprise on his face as he took her in dolled up look

Something about the way he stared at her made her giggle, and she shook her head at him.

"You didn't learn to compliment in all these years, seriously?", her laughter made him embarrassed, and he bit his lip to hide his smile.

"I know I look good, go get ready yourself", Mannat didn't know what came over her, suddenly she felt like that years old Mannat who would tease the life out of Anurag and laugh like a crazy women at his expressions.