"Hey little Lachy," I say as I walk up to the drivers side door. "Hello, how was Preston?"

"Good." I reply and itch the back of my head. "Why are you here?"

"I left my cigarettes."

I look into the car and see a pack sitting on the dashboard. "Forgot your cigarettes? What are you really doing here?"

He smirks and opens up his car door and steps out, slamming it loudly once his entire body is out of the truck. "And what makes you think I didn't for my cigarettes?"

I laugh and look down at my shoes then back up at him. "I can see a pack of them on your dashboard."

He looks back and finally breaks out into a small laugh. "Okay, okay. You caught me!"

I punch his shoulder, not full force, of course. "So, why are you here?"

His smiles fades into a frown. "My dad wants to meet you."

I make a straight face even though I am glad to finally meet him. "Why is that bad?"

"He thinks you are still my girlfriend." He replies, his facial expression turning into nervousness. "So... I can still act like I am."

"You would do that?" He asks as his eyes grow wide. "Yeah! I am a pretty good actor."

"You're a terrible actor!" He remarks. "Trust me, I will make him think we are so in love."

"Alright then!" He smiles, finally. "Lets get going!"

I smile back at the sight of him so confident in my acting skills.

The ride there is silent, except for Lachlan blaring most of the top charts songs.

Once we make it to his house he turns down the radio all the way, turns off the engine, and unlocks the doors so, we could get out.

He smiles at me, but it is more of a reassuring nervous smile. I knew I could act desperately in love with Lachlan, but I do not know if he could act in love with me.

He takes his hand in mine and opens the door. "I am back!"

Soon enough his mother walks out into the front entrance and says hello to me and whispers in Lachlan's ear, but I cannot hear.

A male voice speaks from another room. "Welcome back, did you bring Natalie?" His accent is almost nonexistent. He sounds like an American. If he wasn't Lachlan's father I would think he has spent his entire life in the United States.

Lachlan brings me into his living room and I almost wants to run outside and stay away. That man did not look like Lachlan. Brown hair that curls at the ends, hazel eyes that look like a demons, and his figure was different. Just the way he sat with slouching shoulders and legs crossed like a woman would do.

"Hello.. Mr. Power." I say with a forced smile and shake his hand that he had held out. "Oh please, call me dad."

"No," Lachlan says sharply, "That is not necessary."

Mr. Power, or dad, raises his eyebrow at him. "Why so harsh, son?"

You could tell his words were like daggers to Lachlan. He stares at him directly and sits down, putting his arm around.

"Anyways..." Mr. Power begins, "You are quite pretty Natalie. Can I call you Nat?"

"I prefer Natalie," I say, resisting the urge to slap him for no reason at all. "And, thank you."

I could feel the tension in the room, and it was obvious that Lachlan had pure hatred towards his father.

"Do you two have any future plans? Marriage? Children? House?" He asks, keeping that same smug smile on his face.

"Actually," Lachlan looks me in the eyes. No, he gazes into my eyes. And I do the same, but it was not forced. "We have some plans to get an apartment together. Maybe someday we will tie the knot."

The word someday sends butterflies in my stomach. The same way it did when he had said "Someday" about having sex.

"Aren't you two so adorable." His father says, snapping me away from our gaze. How long have we been just sitting here?

My phones buzzes in my pocket, I know, I must check it. As rude as it seems.

Jerome;

Surprise! I wanted to come see you so, I did! Meet me at your home in five?

"I'm really sorry, but I have to go." I say, looking up at Lachlan who was reading the message. "That fine, darling!"

Mr. Power follows us out to the door. He opens the door for us and we say our awkward goodbyes.

The ride back was just as silent as the ride here. Lachlan did not really seem to care about why I had to go. He was just glad that we could leave.

I close the door of his truck and it slams loudly. Lachlan smiles for no reason and says, "My dad would want us to kiss."

"What?"

"Yeah, I just have the feeling he is going to be all up in my business, asking if I kissed you or not." He replies like it is some big deal. "That is not very appropriate."

He laughs slightly. "I know you told Preston I said no." My mouth drops open. "How-" I can't even finish, he interrupts.

"He texted me something like 'Why do you tell me your okay with us dating but you tell Natalie you aren't okay with it?'"

"You just want me to kiss you."

"So? Is that to much to ask?" He asks, smirking like I will say no and just kiss him. "Yes!"

He sighs, "Okay... I'll see you, sometime." I sigh too, but out of relief. I DID NOT want to kiss him.

I watch as he backs out and starts to drive down the road. His truck is replaced by a rental car and two boys get out.

"Well, well. If it isn't Dingus 1 and Dingus 2."

9:38 P.M

Mitch bursts out in laughter, his drink spewing out of his mouth and onto Jerome's clothes. He jumps back and screams at his cherry soda covered shirt. "It isn't that funny!" I shout out of embarrassment.

"Yes it is!" He says while he gasps for air. "Lachlan kicked his ass!!" Just as he finished his sentence there is a knock on a door. The three of us sit there for a moment, waiting for a second knock.

Knock...

Knock...

"Go get it!" Jerome shouts as he removes his shirt because of the soda.

I stand up from the hardwood floor and go to the door, unlocking and opening it. Lachlan stands there, smiling wide. He leans close to my ear and whispers, "My father is waiting in the car... He wants a kiss. He thinks you deserve one."

Without an "Are you okay with it?" He presses his lips against mine, wrapping his hands around my waist to pull me closer.

Jerome and Mitch erupt in "Ooh's" once I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss back.