Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen - Lachlan's Pov

(Authors Notes)

I'm doing the notes before the chapter today because it ends on a level where you will kinda be like "OMG" and not be able to keep that OMG feeling while you read it. After you read the chapter you will understand. I recommend you listening to the song I put above, it reminds me of Lachlan and Natalie, if you understand what it's telling.

I just ask of you to please comment your opinion or whatever, I love reading the comments. So.. Yeah.. Happy reading.

Chapter Seventeen - Lachlan's Pov.

"Natalie!" I shout happily into the closed door. "Lachlan!" She shouts back, then opens the door.

"Oh, outfit of choice is great again," I bring her into an embrace. "Thank you.. I have some what of an idea to dress myself." She grabs me by my shirt, pulling me into her house while closing the door. "So demanding," I tease. "You have no idea," Her hands slide up my shirt, "how demanding I can be." Then she kisses me, sliding her hands down my arms. "Mmm, if today wasn't my... Our last day here. I would totally not stop this, but-"

"-But they are waiting for us," Natalie interrupts me. I kiss her again. "Correct... How about tonight?" She smirks. "Lachlan Power, are you asking me out on a date?"

I nod, "Yes I am. Is it wrong that we are going to be away from each other a long time and I just want to take my girlfriend out on one last date."

"You're so sweet, lets go." She kisses my cheek and starts to put on her shoes that sit right next to the door. She unties them and slips them on, shoving the laces inside. I raise my eyebrow at her and she just smiles.

"How's your mom? It's been all summer and you haven't even seen her." I ask her while getting into my car. She does as well, but a lot slower. "She's getting married again."

"Is that a good thing?"

She sighs, "I'm not sure, but I'm happy. I feel guilty for it because what about dad." I bring her had in mine, "I thought we would never speak of him?"

"Well, lately, I've been missing him. I just remember the days when he was still here, before he left. One day specifically. My brother and I were sitting in our room when my dad shouted from downstairs, 'Natalie! I have found someone!'"

"Someone?" I raise my eyebrow, how ironic would it be if that someone was a dead body. "Well, my dad and I made a bet. He was going to set me up with a guy and if I fell in love with the guy he won. I remember him being so excited. Even my brother came down to wonder who the mystery guy was."

"Who was it?" I ask.

"You."

I laugh, "So he won." She smiles, turning her head so she is looking out her window. "I guess he did win."

"How come you never talk about your brother?" She stares at me for a second, and in that second I can see tears well up in her eyes. "I just don't. Please, Lachlan, do not make me tell you."

"I won't... We are here anyway," I say because there is really no other way to say anything without her getting mad and or start to cry because I have a feeling her brother is dead.

We walk up to my house, "You've always known how to throw a party," Natalie tells me as we step out onto the road, almost five houses away. "I wasn't going to sacrifice all my 'bad boy' Lachlan skills for you."

"Tell me if you see Madi, she is the only person in our group that appears to not be here," I tell her. "Okay, I'm kinda used to looking for Madi."