// n i n e //

:: chapter nine ::

The bell has just rang with their teacher pacing out their classroom after bidding them goodbye. Dara stood up and did some little stretching. She then shifted her body facing Jiyong who was now placing his book which he used as a pillow inside his bag. She smiled as she turned around and fixed her things, she then announced that the assigned cleaners should start cleaning the classroom and they did with Dara and Jiyong sitting on the teacher’s table waiting for them to finish as the two would engross themselves on their own world. They would be just talking to each other, staring each other then they will hear Dara giggled as she would play with the stuff toy he gave her.

‘We’ll be going now, Class President!’ Heechul one of their classmates said as he saluted to her. Dara giggled for he was always like that. He refused to call her Dara but insisted on calling her Class President. She waved goodbye to them as she jumped off the teacher’s table and grabbed her bag with Jiyong trailing behind her. ‘You didn’t bring your bike right?’ Dara asked as she looked at Jiyong. He shook his head. He wasn’t able to bring his bike since he jogged his way to the school, wanting to clear his mind. ‘Then we better start walking,’ Dara chuckled as they both paced out of the room and walked their way to her house for him to meet her mother.

...

Jiyong stared at Dara’s house, it was not a stranger to him but the feeling crawling to his chest was. He felt nervous beyond words and he could even feel his self stiffen in his place. He felt somehow numb. He was a drag racer, he was a reckless driver, he was eating speed, he was speed himself and that life of his was inch close to death that if he made the wrong move, his life will perish. Knowing that, he never even felt a single surge of nervousness but now standing in front of her house, knowing her mother was waiting, he couldn't help but to give in to the nervousness that was bound to eat him. Whole.

Dara then held his hand and squeezed it tightly snatching him from his realm of thoughts as he turned his head to her. ‘Let’s go, Mom is waiting,’ she smiled as she pulled him and opened the gate. He felt like his heart just pumped its way to his throat, it was beating unsteadily and he just wanted to rip it off and throw it somewhere far from him.

When the door opened they were welcomed by the smell of the food and the warm smile of her mother. He bowed down in respect. He was even surprised that he did that, he never did that to anyone, not even to his parents. She was beautiful just like her. She looked young for her age and she had a long black hair braided, which was hanging on her left shoulder. She was wearing simple jewelry and a beige colored dress that suit her skin tone. She also has a smile which was like hers.

The lady smiled sweetly at him as she clung to his arm. ‘Welcome dear,’ she said smiling. And in snap his uneasiness was gone, like it never happened. ‘I told you she will like you,’ Dara whispered to him as they proceeded inside the house with her mother telling stories. Jiyong bit his lips as he stared at her mother who was welcoming her like he was her own son, someone she had loved for a long time even though he definitely looked someone who would flip an entire house.

After leaving their things on the living room they proceed to the dining area were her mother was serving them food that she worked hard to prepare for. Jiyong stared at the table, drowned in his thoughts again. It was not his first time eating homemade foods, that was what he was eating when he was still living in their ridiculously huge house. You could even tell those were like food served in a five star restaurants and hotels yet it was never appealing for him, it tasted bland, it doesn’t have any taste at all. ‘Eat well Jiyong,’ Mrs. Park smiled at him as he forced himself to nod. He then grabbed the chopstick and started eating. He was eating quietly, chewing his food carefully.