The whole truth

DEMI POV

I woke up to crying  and a slight whimper i ran to Lexi's room when I got there I saw her sitting in a corner with her knees up to her chest and she was rocking herself. I slowly walked up to her.

Demi:hey baby what's the matter huh? (Lexi just scooted away from me) it's ok love I won't hurt you I promise you that while you are with me no one will ever hurt you ok?

Lexi:I don't want to go with mommy or daddy or sissy anymore(she said almost in a whisper and with tears coming down)

Demi:you dont have to go anywhere baby I will never let anyone or anything ever hurt you!

As I said that she slowly crawled over to me and put her head on my shoulder.

Demi:did you have a nightmare?

Lexi just nodded and dug her face in the crook of my neck.

Demi:maybe we should talk about it babe... it will make you feel better.

Lexi:noo I dont want to get in trouble with mommy or sissy.

Demi:I promises that you won't!but If you dont want to I won't make you ok maybe tomorrow?

Lexi nodded and again dug her face in the crook of my neck.

Demi:you wanna sleep in my bed with me tonight?(Lexi nodded)well let's go!!

I Carried her to my room and laid down with her still on my chest she was still pretty upset so I did what I knew best.

The space in between us
Starts to feel like the world's apart
Like I'm going crazy
And you say it's raining in your heart
You're telling me nobody's there
To try and fly
Oh but that's just crazy
'Cause baby I told ya I'm here for good

My love's like a star, yeah
You can't always see me
But you know that I'm always there
When you see one shining
Take it as mine
And remember I'm always near
If you see a comet
Baby I'm on it
Making my way back home
Just follow the glow yeah
It won't be long
Just know that you're not alone

After a while I  felt her breathing even out telling me that she was asleep.I was stroking her hair and I had a feeling that this baby girl would be mine for ever. I didn't understand it at first but it felt right and I knew I would do anything for her. I wish I knew what was going on at her moms house she seemed terrified of going back not only to her but also with her sister...I laid her down close to me and closed my eyes and before I  knew it i was asleep. I woke up the morning to my phone vibrating. I turned slowly making sure lexie didn't wake up I grabbed my phone and saw it was my sister Dallas.

Demi:someone better be dying for you to be waking me up at 6:30 in the morning(i said in a serious tone I heard laughter in the other end)

Dallas:mom said to call you and confirm the family dinner for tonight. Which by the way do you know what for?we only do family dinner on holidays or if something happens that we all need to know...

Demi:Dallas you know that even if I did know I wouldn't tell you(I said with a smirk)... but anyway tell her yeah at 7PM now let me sleep!

Dallas:ok but next time I know why we are having a family dinner dont ask me why...Love you  and get your lazy ass in the shower!!