Magic and Training Suggestions

-Sonic POV-

After informing Rainbow about what happened throughout the day, and getting her something to eat, we were in the front room.

"So, Eggman took my necklace in the night." Rainbow said recapping what we told her. "You got it back, but while it was off I was slowly turning grey?"

Tails nodded. "If you don't mind me asking, did you notice anything different that seems almost magical other than your speed since you got your geode?" 

We let her think for a moment before realization came in her eyes. "Now that you mention it, every once in a while it's as if time has slowed down for everyone but me. Others see it as if I've been speed up but it's not like that. Almost like living in slow motion."

I perked up not expecting this response.

She continued, "It happens so randomly that I have no idea when it's gonna happen or even what triggers it. I didn't tell my friends about it because we already had enough magical problems to deal with and I knew that they wanted to have as much of a break between magical problems as possible so I learned to deal with it. Luckily it never happens when I'm talking to someone or need to focus on the task at hand."

I smiled deciding to keep it a secret for the time being. "Well maybe we can help you out." 

She looked at me eyebrows raised "You can do it to can't you."

It was at this moment I knew, trying to keep it a secret was a bad idea. "Well, yes."

"What!" Tails shouted in surprise. "You never told me that time slows down for you!"

I put my finger up. "To be fair, you never asked nor did the subject come up. Plus I don't do it that often."

"You can control it!?" Rainbow exclaimed eyes wide. 

"Yeah, it's sort of like a jolt that I learned to make myself feel on command when I want to get in and out of the state. Might be different for you though."   

Everyone was staring at me causing me to blush.

Let's just say that this is the first time I can remember Knuckles being the one to break the ice. "Can I get the Emerald and go now?" He asked.

Tails went out with him to get one and Rainbow spoke up.

"Ok. Does he hate me?"

"He hates everyone." Amy said, "But anyway, did this happen while in our world?"

Rainbow nodded. "Once. During our shopping spree a week ago, it happened on our way to the fourth shop we went to."

Amy's eyes went wide. Obviously she didn't notice. "What did you do?"

"I just ran around and found out what stores would be the best. That's how I knew what they were called. You probably only saw it as a couple seconds."

I felt that their was more to be told but I shrugged it off. "Anyway," I said, changing the subject, "You might be safe for now but Eggface is definitely going to try and get you to his lair to try and get you magic for whatever he's planning. I think that we should teach you some stuff so you can defend yourself and help more if he decides to do something else."

"Like what?" Rainbow asked curious. 

I shrugged giving a list of things I can teach her. "Mastery of your speed, better agility, different fighting techniques, a balanced state of mind, keeping your enemy's distracted. Trust me. I've been trained by the best."

"What's going on?" We looked and saw that Tails returned. 

Rainbow responded, "Sonic wants to train me for when Eggman comes for my magic." She stated simply before turning to me, "And I would like to do that. I've always been the kind of person that you shouldn't mess around with but this guy seems worse than your average school bully." 

I laughed a little, smiling that she reduced him to a school bully. We can start tomorrow if you want."

She agreed and we went throughout our day. But something would happen tomorrow that not only made it so we couldn't train, but also revealed a deep as well as a well known secret of mine.