Chapter 2

As you begin walking down the dusty path, you start to get uncomfortable as the odd silence ensues between both you and Max. In a desperate attempt to break the awkwardness, you say:

"So, uhh..Max.."

His head turns to look at you.

"What do you, uhh..do around here? Is it just you?"

He sighs.

"Of course it's not just me. It's a camp, full of kids. I thought at least someone with a right mind would understand that. Jesus."

Okay, maybe that wasn't the best question to ask..?

"Also, lose the shy shit, will you? It's not gonna get you anywhere."

Ouch.

"O-Oh, I—"

"Heeeeeeey!"

The loud yell of a girl from afar catches your attention. Stopping in your tracks, you see a short-ish girl with green hair running straight towards you, her arms flailing like nobody's watching. 

"Well, there goes the small minute of peace. This is Nikki."

The girl whose name is supposedly 'Nikki' catches up to you both and gives you a confused look.

"Who's this?" She says, her smile very apparent.

"Our newest edition to this hell of a camp." Max replies, giving you a somewhat uninterested look as he does so.

"Oh, is this the new camper David was saying would arrive today?" You turn around to see a scrawny, kind of tall boy making his way towards your group.

He puts his hand out. "I'm Neil." You shake his hand, and say: "I'm..Y/n."

Nikki jumps up and down as she happily exclaims: "So, What Camp did you sign up for?"

It takes you a moment to answer, but eventually, you murmur the words "Art Camp."

"Oh, so you're like Dolph! That's cool!" Nikki says enthusiastically.

Max gives you a stern look, and says:

"Don't get too comfortable, new kid. This place is gonna ruin you in so many ways." Max's remark makes you turn towards him.

"Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine." You say, chuckling to yourself. Max swiftly jerks his head around and scowls at you.

"I swear to god—"

"Max! You're supposed to be giving Y/n a tour around camp, not making her experience worse!" You hear David's voice from behind. Max lets out a long sigh, and turns towards you once more.

"Ugh, Whatever. Let's go, Y/n." 

The group of you begin walking down the dusty path - and, eventually, you make it to a cabin-like house

"This is the mess hall, where we all eat the crappiest food you'll ever digest." Max unenthusiastically gestures towards the house. 

You continue to walk and go through and handful of locations - some of which you don't even remember. There was the docks, the forest, there was..spooky island, but that's all you really remembered.

After

After you finish your walk, you find yourself in front of the Mess Hall, with Max, Nikki and Neil.

Immediately, the doors swing open and David pops out.

"There you are! Come on in, we're serving lunch!"

It was lunch already..?

You walk inside of the Mess Hall and you take a look around. There's a few tables - and scattered around those tables are plates of..

..is that..food?

You watch as Max, Nikki and Neil take a seat at the table to your right - and, not knowing where else to go, you awkwardly take a seat in front of them.

Max is busy playing with his spoon - while Nikki is staring at her food intently. You're not entirely sure what Neil is doing - but..he's..examining his food? 

Where did he get the magnifying glass?

Your attention is drawn to Max and his spoon.

"Why don't you have any food?" You say, as he looks up at you.

"I'd rather starve than eat whatever the hell this is." Giving you a weak reply, he goes back to playing with his spoon. You look down at yours, and attempt to mimic him.

Fwoop!

The spoon flies out of your hands and across the room, making it's way straight towards David. Before you know it, you hear a loud "Oww!" And the room goes silent.

"Pfft.." 

You turn around, only to see  Max about to burst out with laughter. As you watch him cover his mouth and begin to snigger, you begin to laugh too. Eventually, the whole room is laughing - and you get a sense of confidence. Max leans over the table, and says:

"Nice one, new kid."