Chapter 17- Understanding (2)

Bao Siyu saw through her plan which she nodded to him noticing. He couldn't do anything but sigh and agree. Going over to Yu Suyin, he looked to her seeing she get up with a worried tone.

"Is he alright!?" She asked him. He didn't expect that tone out of her.

"Y-Y-Yeah. He is alright. Me and my comrades are going to be busy and we need someone to watch over him. I'll be asking you to take care of him since we have our duties to attend to. You did also cause the damage so I'll be suggesting you to take care of him." He told her. She didn't think he would allow her.

She couldn't say anything, everyone already knew how she felt about Lang Ye without her knowing it. She didn't want to see him but she had to take care of him from now on until his wound was completely healed. Huai Li Qi smiled knowing that her sister now had someone else that she had to care for. It would keep Yu Suyin busy for some time.

Outside Huai Li Qi stayed next to Bao Siyu's father, he was enjoying the sun's heat and light. "How did everything happen?" She wrote onto his palm as he looked to her. She wanted to know what happened. How it all started.

"Li Qi, we were once the lowest of common people. My three sons were my life when I lost their mother. I kept staying alive because of them. If I didn't have them then I would've been dead long ago." He told her. He smiled looking to the sun, she smiled back and faced towards the sun feeling the heat soothing them.

Bao Siyu smiled watching his father enjoy Huai Li Qi's company. She had helped him to rest, getting out of the room to see Bao Siyu smiling at her. Looking to him, Huai Li Qi saw his brothers and her sisters waiting. "We would like to ask for you and your sisters help." He then told her as she nodded.

Going into a room they sat down, Bao Siyu sighed and looked to Huai Li Qi. "I would like to have one of your sisters go into Ning Jun's home and bring an amulet that has a dragons face with a bead chain on it. My father cherished it the most."

"Why can't we get him a better one?" Hao Xue then said as Bao Siyu looked to him.

"My father cherished it. It was the symbol of our family. Ning Jun truly has it as a keepsake but when we take it then he wouldn't be able to trust his men and they would change their men and we will let ours in." Bao Siyu told them as they nodded.

Huai Li Qi stood up and signaled her sisters. They followed her outside and knew her look. Her face said it all, "I will do it."

"Sister Li Qi, you cannot. We can't let you go in there." Kei Ren held her hand. Huai Li Qi smiled to her little sister close to tears. Going back inside, the brothers were all waiting.

"Who is the one going?" Jin Da said. He looked to the four of them. Huai Li Qi stood up first looking to them. Bao Siyu got up quickly looking to her.

"You can't." He took her by the hand leading her outside. "Why would you want to when it will endanger you?" He was angry again seeing his eyes glow red.

"I may not be good at other things but taking and stealing is really what I do best. Your eyes they show it all. You are calm and easy when it's green but red when your mad and upset." She held his palm then rubbing his cheek with her hand.

"Don't get hurt in there." He hugged her whispering it into her ear.

Smiling to his words, Huai Li Qi entered inside the manor where Ning Jun was judging to find servant girls, she wore common maid clothes. Standing as they then went up to her and saw a scar on the back of her neck. "Toss her out!" They had one man dragging her out. She had pushed him down then started running. Finding a small hiding spot, she removed the heavy boulder then taking it back and hid behind it.

Hiding under the manor where the wood floor was she waited till nightfall. The night came around she then got out of the hiding spot as she saw a maid. "Who are you?" The maid asked. She smiled and took the bowl of soup and tray. Gesturing that she was giving him the soup today for the time. The maid was a bit confused but went ahead back to her quarters.

Going into his room she laid the soup down, seeing the chest above his head. They told her that it was in a chest that lies above his head. Going over to it, she then opened it to find nothing but she then saw the amulet was around his waist.

She sighed, knowing now to get it from his waist. Going over to the other side she gently grabbed the amulet as she had to get it off.

Gently holding her small dagger she then slightly had cut off the small thread as he then flipped up for a second saying, "Where are you!?" Having her jump back a little. He then fell back asleep, he was up for a bit but had his eyes closed. She sighed quickly getting out of the manor. Going over to the wall climbing up. Looking to the sides, she looked down to jump. Jumping down, she was ready to land on her feet as she was then caught.

Looking she then saw Bao Siyu, he was smiling holding her in his arms. "You got it." Bao Siyu said with Huai Li Qi smiling and showing him the amulet.

Now they were all outside with the members as Bao Siyu held the amulet. "Now that we've retrieved it and left a white robe with blood then it is now almost time that he will start fearing us." Bao Siyu said holding the amulet.