Why? (Ponyboy)

"Two bit boy you got any more cancer sticks?"

You asked as your mind jumbled up with the thoughts of you and the break up of your boyfriend Ponyboy.

"Quit it now eh?... You just can't be crying over him I told you not to get involved with my friends!" Two bit was furious, he told you to not get into a relationship with anybody in his crew, but you did so anyway.

"Two bit you just can't control love! I loved him why would he leave me?" You yelled back as tears started to run down your face.

It has been a week since you and Ponyboy have broken up and every second spent without him you just been more miserable. Every day after school you two would hang out at the park and lay on the grass to look at the stars and talk. Ponyboy would always put his arm around you while you both sat on the park bench looking at the rest of the people play. He was very affectionate with you and defended you especially from the socs boys.

Two bit is your brother and at first, he did not like the idea that you and Ponyboy were flirting. For the first three months, your relationship with Ponyboy was secret since you both did not know how the rest of the people would react especially your brother.

*~*~*~*~*~

It was a school day and you were walking to one of your classes until you heard a warm breath behind your ear.

"Hello gorgeous," Ponyboy whispered in your ear as he walked next to you. "What are you doing here Pony! My brother is going to kill you if he sees you next to me." You looked around you to make sure no one was watching you both talk. "I am not afraid of anyone and you know that y/n. I am tired of having to keep us talking on the low. I just want to tell the world that I love you and I want everyone to know including Two bit that you are my girlfriend!" He exclaimed, as your cheeks turned red. You loved Ponyboy he always melted your heart and you fell in love with him more and more every day, but you could not tell anybody about the both of you because that would mean trouble.

"Pony! I love you but... but..." You hesitated because you were afraid. What would the greasers think?

"I don't care y/n... I am willing to risk it all for you."

*~*~*~*~

You cried at the memory. Why would Ponyboy break up with you? Did he find someone new? Did he stop loving you? All these questions started running through your head. He did not even give you a proper explanation of why he did not want to be with you anymore.

"Look y/n, I am heading out I'll be back soon okay sis feel better." Two Bit interrupted your thoughts as he walked through the hallway and opened the door.

"Wait! You forgot to give me a cancer stic--..."

The door shut closed. You were alone in the house. Minutes later you decided you had enough so you changed your attire and walked to the park. As you were walking you see a figure from across the park sitting down on the bench you and Ponyboy would sit on. Curiosity filled your mind as you walked towards the bench. The figure soon started to become clearer. It was a man. It was your man Ponyboy. Cheeks puffy red he looked like he was crying. At first, you hesitated in calling his name but you did so anyway.

"Pony..." He turned around and noticed you quickly. He quickly wiped his dry tears away and his facial expression changed from sad to angry.

"What are you doing here y/n? Thought I told you not to look for me anymore!" His voice got loud as he stood up from the bench. You were trying to hold back the tears from running down again. What he said hurt you because you still love him. " I...I just wanna know why...why did you leave me?" Your voice cracked. You could tell he was feeling guilty because he too still had feelings for you.

"y/n... I..." He softly whispered you interrupted him.

"Look I have to go Two Bit does not know I am out." You turned around, but he quickly turned you back around and collapsed your lips with his. Oh, how you missed his soft lips. You run your fingers through his greasy hair and smiled as a tear ran down your cheek.

"I am sorry y/n, I am a fool for letting you go... I was going through tough times with the death of Johnny. I did not know how to react so I had to get away from everything that means a lot to me which is you. Please take me back y/n, I love you so much." Tears were dripped down his cheeks and he seemed to regret the decision of letting you go.

You smile softly, "Oh Pony you know I will always be there for you, I miss you! Of course, I will take you back... let's pretend the break up did not happen." His eyes stopped watering as you got on your tippy-toes and gave him another kiss.

Pony boy paused for a second.

"Please tell me you weren't smoking." Pony boy frowns playfully as you start to look up at the sky avoiding eye contact. Pony boy hated cigarettes and the smell of it. Both of you were not big fans of the cancer sticks so he was puzzled with the fact that you smoked.  "Uhh it was only one time!" You finally turn to look him in the eye and continue, "only did it cause I was sad but...I am not going to do it again. Yuck." You both giggle and your response. This time both of you started smiling. He then lifted you up off the ground and spun you.

"I love you y/n. I really do. I'm never going to hurt you like that ever again." He said as he leaned in for more kisses.

"No more smoking okay?" You both giggle.

"No more."
***********

A/N

oh wow guess who is back?! Did not realize how many of you wanted another fanfic! Please remember to vote, add to your reading list and share with your friends and follow me for more updates love!!!

Please COMMENT I will be reading all your comments! OH, AND DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES TY

thank you all for the support and follows!!!!!!!!

xoxox

J