Chapter 5 | That's what people do!

For Sora

The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad

If we got each other, and that's all we have

I will be your mother, and I'll hold your hand

You should know I'll be there for you

When the world's not perfect

When the world's not kind

If we have each other then we'll both be fine

***

We all have sorrows in our lives, but there's always a light at the end of the tunnel, eventually. That light is known as happiness. But, there was always one question in my mind: what is happiness?

I hadn't really felt it much at home because of my personal situation with my biological family. Like I said, I won't go too far into it but there are times I considered things that should never be considered, just to have a way out and the thoughts of that would eventually be taken away by the warm feeling brought by Brian

Even with Brian, the question persisted. Not because he didn't make me feel happy but because it always intrigued me and because Brian made me another type of happy; helplessly in love type of happy to be specific.

They say that happiness is sparked from knowing your values based off questions:

• What makes you feel excited?

Excitement, a noun. A feeling of great enthusiasm and eagerness. Caused by the increase of activity by the sympathetic nervous system, whereby the brain [ not going to lie, "brain" took me many attempts to write correct... ] begins to signal the increased production of hormones. Perfect, next.

• What makes you feel special?

Special, an adjective. Better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual. Caused by a shift in output of a specific factor, such as environmental conditions or process input parameters. It can be accounted for directly and influence your process control. Thank you, next.

• What makes you feel supported?

Supported, verb. To bear all or part of the weight of; hold up, or to give assistance to, especially financially. Caused by support services, such as Children and Family Services, Youth Development Services, Shelter and Homeless Services, and so forth. Okay, next.

• What makes you feel loved?

Love, noun. An intense feeling of deep affection, or a great interest and pleasure in something. Caused by Phenylethylamine which releases Dopamine, the chemical which creates feelings of euphoria while adrenaline and norepinephrine. Done, next.

The questions go on.

You're to then analyse your answers like my English teacher would dissect works by Harrower or McCain before discussing the existentialism represented by Eliot through his works, and work on assessing the significance of Shakespeare and Orwell's works.

The analysing burns into your brain until red is no longer a colour. It is now a representation of blood, embodying a Machiavellian character who is misogynistic, patriarchal, and duplicitous. Until "Do I dare?" Is no longer a rhetorical question, but an example of existentialism and an example of how conventions of poetry are broken by a sateriser whose purpose is to involve the audience into the journey of fruitlessly attempting to discover an identity. 'Til "human voices wake us and we drown', T.S Eliot.'