Captain America (Steve Rogers) X Agent!Reader

Key:

(Y/n) – Your name

(L/n) – Last name

(h/l) – hair length

(h/s) – hairstyle

(h/c) – hair color

(e/c) – eye color

(s/t) – skin tone

Captain America (Steve Rogers)'s P.O.V.

The whole team was called into a mission briefing. When we entered, we saw a woman sitting at the table talking to Fury. All we could see was her (h/c) (h/l) hair hanging from the back of the seat since her back was turned from us.

"Glad you can join us. Welcome your new member to the Avengers. Her name is Agent (Y/n) (L/n), she is better than Natasha in some areas and rivals her in combat skills and weapon use. She will make an excellent addition to your team. Now, let's talk about the upcoming mission. You are infiltrating and destroying an H.Y.D.R.A. base." Fury spoke and continued to talk on about the mission. I looked at everyone, but my eyes lingered on (Y/n) longer than attended to. She looked over at me and then nodded her hair ever so slightly in the direction of Fury. "Rogers, would like to share what's on your mind from la-la land or do you want to join us for the next mission?" Fury asked furiously. I guess the look on my face gave me away.

"No, sir. Please continue." I said as I looked at the file. I soon heard a chair slide back and all attention was put onto that person. It was (Y/n), she was getting tired of this meeting apparently and started to leave.

"Excuse me. Where do you think you are going, Agent?" Fury asked perplexed. We all looked at her as she replied to Fury.

"Sir. I am going to be completely honest with you and everyone in this room. I read the file, but I know that you are sending Nat and me to retrieve data while everyone else rains chaos to everyone that opposes our power. We will go in with the plan till someone decides, "screw the plan, free for all brawl commence."" She said. We were left speechless as the truth rolling off her tong. Tony cracked a smile and chuckled at the scene around him. "If you are not going to respond with a comeback then I'm going to get ready for the mission that we leave for in 43 minutes." She said and walked out the door. We all looked at each other and sprinted out the door to prepare for the mission. We finished and rushed to the Quinjet only to see that it was already prepped and ready to go. I was the first one on board.

"Is anyone here?" I asked out loud.

"In the cockpit, Cap!" (Y/n)'s voice yelled. I shuffled into the cockpit to see her fiddling with things underneath the controls with tools around her.

"Are you supposed to messing with that?" I asked concerned about the ride for the mission.

"The mechanic that did the check missed this and several other things wrong with the Quinjet. His feeble mind couldn't recognize the issue even if I pointed it out and told him how to fix it. This is the last issue that I have to fix then the jet is 100%ready for launch. Just sit back and relax your star-spangled ass in a seat." (Y/n) told me. As she gave me a glare and continued working. I kinda deserved that since I was questioning her abilities to do things, but I haven't read her file, nor did I want to. I wanted to find out what she is capable of doing on my own and her personality. I left and went to sit down in a seat.

Time Skip to After Mission and Debriefing.

After our successful mission Fury let us leave after the debriefing.

"I had all your stuff moved from the S.H.I.E.L.D. living quarters to the tower for you before we left for the mission, so now you can ride with us to the Tower. You don't have to thank me." Tony said as he passed (Y/n). She just shrugged her shoulders and continued on walking with us following Tony to the cars or whatever we are taking to get back to the Tower.