Chapter 26

Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans: The Phantoms

This chapter is dedicated to @Yziebela for winning the final mini contest for this book. Congratulations, @Yziebela! You are truly a terrific person!

Chapter Twenty-Six: A Spooky Halloween

Max Thunderman POV

I heard the yellow hatch that leads down into my lair open, causing Dr. Colosso and I to wake up from our naps. My eyes slowly fluttered open, as everything became visible to me again. You see, when Mom, Dad, Phoebe, Carly, Nora, Billy, and I got home from dropping everybody off, we were exhausted, so we all decided to take a nap. I sat straight up on my soft bed. I rolled over on my stomach and peered up through the hatch to see who had opened it. Standing in front of the hatch, was Mom, Dad, Phoebe, and Carly dressed up in regular clothes, Nora dressed up in her orange sushi Halloween costume, and Billy dressed up in his red race car driver costume.

"Why did you guys have to wake us up!?!?" I shouted.

"Yeah, we were nice and peaceful!" Dr. Colosso added.

"Max, get up here!" Dad ordered, "Frankie and Louie are going to be here to trick-or-treating with Nora and Billy!"

"And why do I have to come up there?" I asked, "Cherry's party isn't until 8:00!"

"Yeah, but we want you to at least greet them when they get here, like a polite person would!" Mom told me.

I laughed. "Whoever said that I was polite!?!?"

"Max, stop arguing with us and get up here!" Phoebe ordered.

"Yeah, we want you to see us in our costumes before we leave!" Billy told me.

"But, you're in your costumes now!" I argued.

"Just get up here!" Carly groaned, "Honestly, I have no idea how you guys put up with him before I moved in!"

"Me neither," Phoebe agreed.

"Fine!" I finally gave in, "What time is it anyway?"

"5:30!" Nora answered.

"Alright, I'm coming!"

I quickly swung my legs over to the left side of my bed and pushed myself off of it. I slowly walked over towards the wooden set of stairs that leads up into the living room. Since I was still tired, I kind of had to drag myself up the stairs.

"So, Max, what do you think of our costumes?" Nora asked.

I quickly examined Nora and Billy's Halloween costumes.

"They're good I guess," I lied, not in the mood for another lecture from anybody, "Personally, I wouldn't wear those costumes myself, but they look good on you guys!"

"Well, of course you wouldn't wear my costume, Max!" Nora laughed, "It's a girl's costume, not a boy's costume."

"True, but I still wouldn't wear Billy's."

"How come?" Billy asked, as he cocked his head at me, "I love this costume!"

"Well, I don't. It's just not something I would wear. But, it looks good on you though."

"Thanks!"

"So, Carly, what are you dressing up as for Halloween?" Phoebe asked.

"A lady bug," Carly answered.

"A lady bug!?!?" I laughed, "Really, Carly?"

"Well, I didn't want to dress up as anything scary and the lady bug costume I picked out isn't babyish."