Chapter 15

Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans: The Phantoms

Chapter Fifteen: Jealousy

Cherry POV

I quickly dove into the bushes, so that the huge, silver truck that was approaching wouldn't spot me. It was now 4:00 in the afternoon on Monday, October 27th. I know that I probably shouldn't be doing this, but I was spying on my best friend, Phoebe Thunderman. You want to know why I was spying on her? Well, Phoebe has been acting a bit weird lately. Whenever I would ask if she could come over, she would get really nervous and say some lame excuse, so that I couldn't come over. A couple of nights ago, I watched the final webcast of iCarly and saw her and a bunch of her other friends on it, which made me think that she didn't wanted to hang around them and not me! When she had told me that she couldn't hang out with me today, making it the fifth time that she said it to me these past couple of days, I started to think that she was hanging out with her other friends all of the times that I had asked her.

It was 2:30 in the afternoon and the bell had just rung, which meant that the school day was now over. I quickly grabbed all of my books and raced out of the classroom and towards my locker. By the time that I had finally gotten there, I noticed that Phoebe had already gotten to her locker, which was the one to the right of my locker.

"Hey, Phoebe!" I greeted her cheerfully.

"Hey, Cherry!" She greeted me back.

"So, what's up?"

"Oh, nothing. I'm just putting all of my stuff in my backpack, so I can head on home."

"Oh. So, would it be cool if I were to come over your house today and hang out?"

Phoebe literally froze in place.

"Umm...," She said with a nervous look on her face, "Y-you can't. I'm sorry, Cherry."

"That's ok! You could come over my house!"

Phoebe began to nervously tug on the straps of her backpack.

"I-I can't hang out with you today, Cherry. I'm sorry."

"Why not!?!?"

She then gave me a nervous smile and a nervous laugh.

"I-I... I have a family emergency!"

"Oh yeah? And what's the emergency?" I asked, as I folded my arms, getting suspicious with Phoebe's behavior.

"Ummmm... My aunt's in the hospital and I have to go visit her at 4:00!"

"Really!?!? What happened to her!?!?"

"She um... broke both of her legs!"

"Oh, that's terrible! Tell her that I hope she feels better!"

"I-I will! Thanks!"

As I began to put in the combination for my locker, Phoebe quickly shoved all of her books into her backpack and slammed her locker shut.

"Well, I gotta go, Cherry! See you later!" Phoebe quickly said, as she sprinted towards the exit.

"Bye, Phoebe!" I replied, as I waved to her.

I then gathered all of the books that I needed to help me complete my homework and put them into my backpack. I slammed my locker shut and swung my backpack over my right shoulder.

"She is so lying," I mumbled under my breath, as I headed towards the front doors, "I don't know why she's lying, but I'm going to find out why..."