"A mother... and her child?" I question in a low tone not expressing any sentiments outwardly. Yet on the inside, I fumed with rage. I wasn't one to judge due to my line of work, but I still followed a creed of codes that kept me from slipping into insanity and completely losing my humanity.

I wasn't a mindless brute killing without a conscious. I had to have a reason to take a life. Preferably one that was already corrupted and tainted with evil.

Slaying someone defenseless or innocent left an unsavory taste in my mouth. But not more than a person who sought me out to do such an unappetizing deed.

The wealthy man glared at me with a devilish glint in his eyes, as the corner of his mouth curled up into a crooked smile. "No... a witch, and her little brat." He corrected before turning to face the large arched window; mumbling something incoherent under his breath.

"I offered her the world, and yet she spat in my face with her constant rejection. She's not even a noblewoman yet had the nerve to turn her nose up at me. So I will do away with her the same I did with my adulterous wife. All I wanted to do was give her a better life. Still, that little piece of village trash chose to refuse my benevolence. Well, then I'll show her just how benevolent I can be. Not even Kings dare to utter the words no to me. So I won't allow this little peasant to get away with it. This will be the last time I will allow any woman to make a fool of me."

He turned back towards me as the moonlight cast a dark shadow that hid half of his face. A face most women would consider handsome was now twisted into a sadistic scowl. His bright green eyes shifted to black as coal."I want you to make her suffer."

My empty gaze didn't waver as I matched his menacing stare. I lifted my gloved hand rubbing my fingers together; gesturing for his payment before any action was taken. I watched as he walked across the room to a hidden safe behind a painted portrait of himself. He pulled out the key from his pocket and unlocked the safety box. He kept his back turned from me as he rummaged around in the safe, before finding what he was looking for.

"Ah. Yes, this should suffice." He announced as he turned around with a bulky velvet bag; which I assumed was filled with coins. His jade eyes grew wide as his head was forced to shift up. From the way, I towered over him like a wild animal before they pounced. My vicious glare bites into him like fangs, leaking out their venom. Every muscle in his body froze as the cold and sharp metal of my blade pressed dangerously close to the thumping vein of his neck.

"What is the meaning of this?" He tried to sound as if he was still in control, but couldn't hide the obvious fear that lingered behind his shaky tone. I slowly brought my face intimidatingly closer to his, causing a bead of sweat to surface above his brow.

"What is it you want... more money? Here take it!" He shoved the bag into my chest and I could feel the tremble of his hand. I grinned with satisfaction. He was nothing but a coward who hid behind a mask to scare the weak. I shook my head at his question as I stepped back, removing my dagger from his throat. He sighed in relief for a moment as he watched me pull out a scroll that was hidden inside my cloak.

"I want you to sign it all over." His brow twitched with confusion as he peered up at me. I gave him a moment to comprehend what I was requesting. I knew he was putting the pieces together when a baffled and outraged look surfaced on his face.

"That is not the amount we agreed upon! You may be the most adequate at your job but you are not worth my entire fortune." He proclaimed while raking his fingers through his hair before scooping up his drink and taking a large gulp. He slammed the half-filled glass down on the table nearly breaking it, as the liquid courage gave him boldness again. "I will not be threatened into this by a mere thief. Get out of my house before I call for the guards" He demanded with a huff. Yet I couldn't hold back my sudden burst of laughter as his countenance switched from frustration to fury.