"Between what I did to Charlie--what I could do to Dakota? I'm terrified, Sam." Dean admitted.

"Charlie forgave you." Sam pressed, he quieted his voice and glanced over his shoulder. "Dean, you could never hurt Dakota, even if you were being controlled. It's not something you could ever do. How about you forgive yourself?" 

"Because I'm not exactly batting 1,000 here, you know?" Dean sighed, patting the book on his lap. "Sam, I just I can't ignore this. Me being here? It's putting Dakota at risk, and I can't have that. So I'm going to sit here and figure out how to get rid of this friggin' thing. For Dakota." 

"Yeah, I do know that, but staying locked up in here, sitting on the ground reading the same lore books over and over and over again, it's not helping you. Dakota needs you, Dean, regardless of the Mark. She needs her dad. You need to get back into the game for your own good. You can beat this, Dean." 

Sam sighs lightly, pleading with his brother. 

"Do you really believe that?" Dean questioned, his tone layered with different emotions. 

"Yeah, you're damn right I believe that. Dakota believes it to, man."

"You know, you also believed in the Easter Bunny till you were 12. Dakota was scared of the toilet till she was eleven." 

"No, I didn't." Sam scoffed. "Besides you were the one who told Dakota there was a monster in the toilet." 

Dean shrugged, smiling slightly. "Best part of being a parent, Sam, is to mess with your kids a little." 

"Look, I was 11." Sam corrected, laughing slightly over Dean's words. 

"And a half." Dean pressed. 

Sam sighed. "And a half. Right. So?"

Dean sighed, shutting the book. "Okay." He relented. 

They spent all day asking people about what happened that night in the bar, talking to the witness you saw the victim before he disappeared

They spent all day asking people about what happened that night in the bar, talking to the witness you saw the victim before he disappeared. Dakota wasn't allowed to talk to the homeless man, not after she tried making friends with one when she was younger. 

So she was told to wait in the car while they talked to the homeless man. 

Sam offered to take Dakota with him while he checks out the victim's house, letting Dean ask around the bar again. Dean looked a little uneasy about splitting up.

Sam tried to make a plan for them to stay together, but Dean assured him that he'd be fine alone. 

Sam and Dakota didn't find much at J.P.'s place, except that he was going to be evicted. After being told some vivid details about J.P.'s bathroom, Sam covered Dakota's eyes while he looked around there. 

"His bathroom was, 'like staring into the devil's butt.'" Sam quoted to Dean.

"That's vivid." Dean said awkwardly.