Day 2.5

Chapter Five

My loud doorbell for the second time bounces off the walls off my house and I ascend down my last step, shutting off all the lights in the process.

A cool draft enters my house as I open the door, matching the already pretty chilly inside. Let's just say I can't really afford to have the heat on right now, so I just bought a couple space heaters instead. Doesn't exactly have the same effect though.

Alan is leaning against the side of the wall on my doorstep, arms crossed. "Took you long enough," he mutters, before his eyes slightly widen. I tilt my head in response to his sudden surprise, before his eyes start to scan my body.

I guess he's just not used to seeing me like this, I mean hell not even I am. Before, when I use to be a 'pop', I would always wear really tight clothes and show way to much skin. And recently at school I've been showing up in baggy clothes with no sense of style at all, to kind of make a statement. But this outfit is something different all together.

I'm wearing simple black leggings with purposeful rips in them, with a loose but very cute baggy pink sweater. I'm strutting in a pair of white doc martens with a pink floral print embroidered in them and for the finishing touch I have on minimal makeup with cute hoops. It sounds pretty simple, but for me it's a step in a completely new direction.

I suddenly feel kind of nervous from the attention and clear my throat, causing Alan to immediately snap his gaze back up to mine. I watch as he lifts his hand to scratch behind his neck, "you look nice," he eventually says.

Its odd how every boy staring at my exposed body used to fuel my confidence and now one random guy taking me in makes me want to pee my pants. Man times really do change.

I let out a soft laugh, managing to mask my unease,  "thanks, I guess." Alan's outfit consists of a pair of dark shoes, black ripped jeans, and a red v-neck hidden under a ripped jean jacket. I can't deny he looks pretty hot, but his look was definitely missing something. I abruptly scrunch my brows, "you look cool... I miss the periodic shirt though," I admit.

He pushes off the side of my door frame, rolling his eyes, "shut up," he releases. A small smile meets my lips, "no im being serious it was a funny shirt!" I project back, annoyed that he thinks I'm making fun of him.

He raises a brow in surprise, "never heard that one before," he murmurs. His gaze switches to over my shoulder, and I use that as a good time to leave.

I wait a moment and release a breath, before I hop out of my door, turning around and shutting it behind me, before locking it.

When I finish, I can barely make out Alan's retreating dark shadow in the night light. "We're gonna be late!" He calls out and I calmly walk after him, wondering why this boy always moves so damn fast.

After driving down our final random dirt road for a mile in the middle of literally no where, we arrive at our destination. The car ride is pretty much as awkward as you'd expect two practically strangers sitting in silence for about forty minutes to be.

"So will you finally tell me what we're doing!" I exclaim to Alan, desperately. I've been bugging him about it all day. When I was texting him about it earlier he only responded with poop emojis. And in the car he was just straight up ignoring me... rude.

I step out of the car and roll my eyes after catching a faint nope from Alan in the distance, before freezing. I awe at the large variety of motorcycles that are illuminated by the white-glowing street lights. This parking lot is basically packed with bikes, with very few cars.