Shot// Collin Hoskins

Fandom: BlindSpotting

Collin POV

Y/N and I were walking silently back to our apartment. After the fight with Miles I don't think we will be talking to him anytime soon. I still had Miles' gun from earlier. No I didn't use it, he did. He was stupid enough to fire at least 3 bullets in the air with a whole crowd watching. It was stupid, stupid I tell you. He doesn't think before he does things. As Y/n and I appeared on the sidewalk near a few stores; a cop car then pulled up on us.

This is why I kind of have trust issues now. Ever since I witnessed that cop shooting two days ago; my mind had been messed up ever since. I felt traumatized, even in my sleep. During my morning runs in the cemetery near by I started having these illusions. Next to every gravestone stood the people that died. My friends even appeared there. Even that one guy I witnessed getting shot 4 times.

When the cop car was next to the two of us we stood still, facing the other way of the car. I carefully tucked the gun into my pocket, not wanting the cop to see what I had. I heard the car's door open, so probably the cop got out of the car, "Hands in the air!" We turned around, both of us with our hands in the air, seeing the cop had his gun out, pointing to both of us, "Empty your pockets!". I gulped, 'I'm screwed, big time.' As both of our hands reached into our pockets, not even pulling the gun halfway out I heard the cop's gun go off.

I closed my eyes when I heard the gun go off. I opened my eyes and looked at myself, 'No pain..' I then looked over to Y/N. Her face full of shock, she then stumbled a little bit and fell. She was the one who got shot. "No, no Y/N!" The cop had his eyes widen, surprised on what he had done. He went inside and drove away quickly, as if nothing had happened. I then put my attention back to Y/N as I saw the car drove off.

"Y-Y/n please.."

No response

"Y/n wake up!"

Still..no response

When I finally got the message, I quickly held her body as tight as I could. Not wanting to let her go, ever. I looked around and screamed "HELP! PLEASE, ANYONE HELP! P-please." I gave up as no one came. I just stayed there, knelling, holding on to her with my dear life. After what seemed like an eternity, I heard an ambulance coming my way. As the ambulance drove next to us, the doctors took her away. They offered me to come with them to the hospital, I did.

-Time Skip To The Hospital-

I sat in the waiting room, my left leg was bouncing at little bit as my anxiety rose. Miles, Ashley and a sleeping Sean came along as I called them about what happened. "This is all my fault, if I haven't bought that damn gun she wouldn't be in this situation." Miles said looking at the floor. Ashley and I kept silent, knowing it was kind of his fault, but we were still silent. Then the doctor came with his clipboard, looking through the paper.

"So what happened?"

"The bullet entered one of her vital areas. It hit a lot of her blood streams causing the blood to pop out everywhere in the body. We couldn't save her in time, I'm sorry."

There were the three of us sitting on the chairs in the waiting room, crying. Ashley didn't know what to do so she held on to Sean, sleeping soundly. Miles cursed aloud and marched out of the room, outside. I heard him muttering about smoking his square outside so I'm assuming he's going to. Then there's me, crying in my hands. Knowing that Y/n wasn't going to come back. Ashley, after awhile calming down, she ran her hand against my back, trying to calm me down.

"It should've been me."

674 words

- rafa-diggs