Chapter 2: Conflicts & Battles

"Summoning katanas instead of your Customs? Don't insult me as if I'm some Imp." -Shadow

The table has been set. While Tigon strategizes on how to break Shadow's offense. Divinity struggles to get passed Helaeyus's defense.

"You're like a damned brick wall.' -Divinity

Divinity charges Helaeyus bare handed. Incantations gloved her hands.

"This is getting interesting." -Helaeyus

She thrusts her naginata directly toward Divinity's chest, but Divinity just slaps it away and goes for a roundhouse from the right to the head. When she misses, Helaeyus laughs.

"Wow, you're pretty good for a Witch."

Helaeyus ducks the kick and back spins to regrip her weapon in an attempt to sweep Divinity's left foot, but Divinity's reflexes are faster than expected. She does a quick hop over Helaeyus's weapon and follows her roundhouse with a reverse roundhouse from her left leg. Helaeyus doesn't expect this and is forced to block the impact.

"Don't mock me." -Divinity

Helaeyus doesn't get knocked back like Divinity was aiming for, instead she absorbs the impact and begins thrusting her weapon at Divinity in a rapid flurry.

Helaeyus now begins to toy with her. After the first set, she begins thrusting more rapidly. Divinity realizes now that Helaeyus has been holding back immensely. She's struggling just evading her attacks and can't get far enough away from them. Helaeyus has turned her defense into an offense. She will continue to gradually raise the speed of her thrusts.... until Divinity is unable to dodge them anymore. While Divinity is trying to find a way to ditch Helaeyus, she can hear the sounds of blades clashing, and trees crashing to the ground just beyond the pitch black darkness of the forest.

"Are you planning to keep defending, Ototo? If you don't reach Divinity in time, she might get skewered.

But, if you can't attack then you'll eventually lose your head."

Even using dual katanas, Tigon struggles to keep up with Shadow's speed with his Scythe. Shadow presses the attack with deadly purpose, aiming for Tigon's head. Tigon deflects with his left, but he doesn't achieve his goal, as Shadow simply uses that momentum to spin across to Tigon's right. But instead of deflecting it, he steps into Shadow with both blades blocking the pole of the scythe.

"He's learning!" Shadow can't contain his excitement.

"But, is he smart?"

Tigon swings his left blade across from the scythe to Shadow's neck, but to his dismay, Shadow appears ten feet back from Tigon. He looks back to his right blade, as it's still blocking the scythe, only for it to be snatched toward Shadow. Tigon barely noticed the blade of the scythe in time to evade it.

"That was a close call.... You can do better than that."

The scythe.... it's attached to Shadow by a chain. But, is the chain real or just a part of Shadow's abilities? Tigon stands from his crouched position. This time, Shadow can see a glimpse of seriousness in his little brother's eyes.

"Alright, Ototo! Let’s go!"

Shadow charges Tigon again, but Tigon expects this. He opens his mouth, expanding his jaws. He sees Shadow's expression change to one of confusion.

~Good.

He exhales magma, spewing it across his front line. Since Shadow has never seen Tigon do this before, he is forced to retreat. He doesn't waste time analyzing, he shades to Tigon's flank and attempts to strike him down. But, Tigon also had planned for this, as he stomps with his left foot a wall of stone rose to block Shadow's Scythe. Tigon takes advantage of this and charges his Elder Brother. Shadow doesn't fret, he just smiles and laughs in Tigon's face.