c h a p t e r - t e n

His office wasn't dark as I thought it was going to be. The other thing that surprised me was the fact that every toy that I had seen when I was married to him in his main office, wasn't displayed on any wall here. A big window was behind Cole's desk and I was now understanding why Michael wanted to get his building built here.

I took a seat in the seat opposite Cole's and he did the same, not even looking at me but my eyes were on him and then I remembered why I was in here. My blood had boiled when I remembered that my father's men were following me out of my working area and that wasn't the only thing that was bothering me; the scent of my father lingered in here.

"He's been in here hasn't he?" I questioned, not even mentioning my father's name because I knew that Cole knew who I was talking about. Cole sighed and grinned a little at me, before leaning back in his seat and propping his feet up onto his desk. "Cole, I'm not even here to bullshit with you right now, was my father here and if yes, why?"

Cole's annoying answer was to shrug and continue with that smug smile on his face. "Why don't you ask him for yourself? The only thing you would have to do is call hi, you don't even need to see him, Cora." My eyes narrowed at Cole's answer, but he was right. I could just call my father.

"Fine. I won't call right now because I've gotten too much involved with you and...you whole family, I'm not ready for my family yet, Cole." He nodded his head and took his feet off his desk before wheeling himself to his desk. "Why are you here then, Cora? I'm not sure if there is anything I can help you with." My throat lodged and I threatened to choke when I remembered his girlfriend.

"My er...My father's men were following me an I figured that they wouldn't want to follow me any more once they found out that I was driving here." I said to him, eyeing the place on his desk where a picture frame was. I could feel his intense gaze on me, but decided to look away from that area as a whole and instead look down at my hands.

"I haven't had a chance to speak to Asher yet, about the divorce." He said to me and that's when my eyes flickered to look at him and I took a deep breath. Those smoldering eyes once had taken my breath away and I fell in love with them, just like how I had fallen in love with him. I nodded my head in response to his statement.

"I might...I might just go in a little bit." I said to him, diverting my eyes once again and feel the blush rise to my cheeks when I noticed how intensely he was staring at me, as if he was trying to investigate something. He didn't reply to me and I just sighed in response, breaking down the facade I was keeping up. "Say something, for fuck's sake."

"I don't like your hair." My eyebrows shot up and I made a sound at the back of my throat, a sound of disbelief as I slowly rose from my chair. "Oh come on, what the fuck do you want me to say to you? Both of us moved on Cora and you know that. I can't turn a switch and convince myself to break up with my girlfriend and you can't do that with him."

"Him being Michael? I know I can't, Cole! I can't forget anything between us, either!" I replied back, feeling the rage burst into me again. "I know I wanted the divorce, I know that. I even tried forgetting about you, about all of you but you guys...you guys couldn't just leave me alone at the end of it." I said, voice breaking a little.

"If I fucking knew that Michael was with you, do you think I would have a meeting with him? I don't want to see you Cora! You may think that you're the only one that was left feeling like shit at the end of signing that paper, but you're wrong." He shot up from his desk and his hands were pressed against it firmly.

"I couldn't get over you, do you realise how hard that was? Of course you probably don't, you have your new boy in a matter of days after divorcing me. It was that easy for you, wasn't it? I couldn't stop thinking about you and there you were, fixing your problems by fucking the golden boy." I screamed and threw something from his desk at him.