Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Does he really think he is going to change my mind about what went down before practice?

"I think talking to young Mister Weasley would have been a much better course of action" Dumbledore continues as I sit in front of him, wishing time would go by faster.

Okay, I have entertained him long enough. "You'd think that right?..but then, of course, you'd be wrong" I reply uncaringly.

"Ron comes from a line of 5 older brothers. Sometimes acting out gives him the attention he seeks. Being in his brothers' shadows has been tough on him" he defends him "Although you were correct in your belief that Mr. Weasley was a tad bit out of line... surely he did not deserve to be physically harmed, regardless of the circumstances... I am not saying you are at fault. However..."

Damn old man, I thought my guardians were being a tad bit harsh on Dumbledore when they spoke of him. He is the master of the Elder wand after all...however, it looks like they were spot on.

"I was teaching him a lesson. A lesson that needed to be physical so it could get through to him" I partially lie. For all Dumbledore's power in legilimency... he still can't tell that my trained mind is deceiving him. "Just talking to him would not have worked. If he isn't stopped now...who knows what he could become in the future"

Dumbledore looks surprised "I hardly doubt...Surely you can see that Mr. Weasley is not capable of..." I cut him off before he can start another long-winded speech.

"Him being weak is all the more cause for concern. He shot a lethal spell at me and didn't even know what it would do. If he thinks he could become more powerful by learning spells that are beyond his control...it will be no time before he starts delving into dark arts. It won't be immediate, but as time goes on you and I both know that is a strong possibility" I tell him.

"Don't you think it should be the faculty's job, as teachers of this school, to monitor..."

I sigh before cutting him off again "With no disrespect to you headmaster, but there are some things that can not be done by mere punishments or detentions...I think after Grindelwald and Voldemort you would know this best...I will not see a peer of mine" I shudder inside at the mention of 'peer' like that idiot will ever be my peer "become the next dark lord. I lost my parents because one of your students was not put in their place, I will not have anyone else's parents suffer the same fate".

Then I see it. It's minor, but I still see the blow I just dealt to him.

"Ron thinks he is better than everyone else. He thinks he deserves more than the rest of us for whatever reason. He has an open hostility towards a group of individuals for no reason other than he just doesn't like them... does that remind you of anyone?" I ask him.

He looks like he might be angry if he wasn't so sympathetic. He knows he screwed up and his worry over me being the next dark lord dwindled pretty fast.

"You are aware that he shunned his own sister after she got into Slytherin right?"

Dumbledore does not have a reply.

"I will do almost all that you ask of me, as a student, headmaster. However, I will not stop putting people in their places if it means I can prevent another future dark lord coming to power" I finish as I get up.

It's clear that he is in deep concentration so I go over to his phoenix.

I know I can't fool you for a second, but keep in mind that my intentions are good, even if they are rather self-motivated actions, I share my thoughts with Fawkes.