Terra: A daughter and a sister

Terra Holland

Yep, that’s me. The beautiful blonde who has shining blue eyes, kissable lips, fair complexion and fit body. Mind you, I’m tall. 5’6, it’s tall enough, sister. I am a model in Sweet Mag, the most popular magazine here in Densville.

The guys in DU chase me, a lot. And for your information, the fact irritates me. I’m not the beautiful whore type. I’m Miss Gorgeous and Miss Intelligent. The kind of girl that all the people here likes.

Well, what can I say? I’m popular. And when I say popular, I meant very popular.

“Terra, dear, can you please SEPARATE YOUR FACE IN FRONT OF THAT MIRROR?! You’ve been putting your make-up for two straight hours! Get your butt to school already!” My mother, Elizabeth, banged the door. Intruding my room, disturbing my moment.

I closed my compact foundation, placed it inside my vanity purse and turned to face her.

“What?” She asked, “Why are you still looking at me? Go to school, NOW!” She said, tightening her voice.

“Mom, it’s seven o’clock. I don’t have to go to school, yet. It’s too early.” I rolled my eyes. She shook her head and said something I didn’t hear. She walked out of the room and stomped down the stairs. Pssh, why is she throwing a fit about the time? Sometimes, my mom is nonsense.

“Terra.” My younger sister appeared at my door. I smiled at her, “Sweetie, why are you awake? It’s early.” I carried her to my bed. She sat and looked at me.

“Terra, can I be like you?” She asked, looking down. I frowned, huh? I didn’t understand my five year old sister. What does she mean? “What do you mean?” I scratched the back of my head.

She looked at me, this time. “I wanna be like you. Pretty, strong, intelligent.” She grinned. I laughed. “You forgot something.” I chuckled, pursing my lips.

“What?” Her pretty brows furrowed. I smoothed them and pinched her rosy cheeks. “Popular.” I whispered, enjoying the little chat.

“Oh yeah! That, too.” She smiled at me, her blue eyes, twinkling. “Well, you don’t have to be. All you need to do is to grow and you’ll be beautiful. Beautiful than me.” I touched the tip of her nose.

She shook her head, her blonde curls bouncing. “I want a straight hair.” She said. This time, it was me who shook my head. “Curls fit you, Lindsy.”

“But, I wouldn’t be pretty if I leave my curls messy. You leave your hair messy and you’re stunning than ever.” She bit her lower lip, stubborn.

I laughed. This was the first time she admired my exquisiteness. I loved her for that. I curled her hair around my finger. “Being appealing is nothing. What matters is you should be pretty in the inside.” I touched her heart, smiling.

She was looking at me, intently. I waited for her as she absorbed my statement. “You really mean that?” She asked after a moment. I removed my finger from her hair and leaned towards her.

I nodded, touching my nose to hers. “Yes, dear.”

“I want to grow up, fast!” She suddenly said. I straightened up, laughing. Her enthusiasm made me laugh. She is so funny. I shook my head. “You have so much to enjoy in your little days. Cherish it, before it comes to an end.” I kissed her forehead and stood up.

“I need to go to school, now. I’ll see you later.” I beamed at her and climbed down the stairs.

Mom was grinning at me. Uh, what? “What’s with the grin, Mom?” I asked, curious. She walked towards me and held my hand. “I heard you talking to Lindsy.”

Oh. I see.

I flushed, embarrassed. “Eavesdropping is bad.” I gained my composure and shook my head with mock horror. “Very bad.”

“Not with you lecturing Lindsy on that subject.” She laughed.

Suddenly, the urge to go to school at seven forty-five flowed in my veins. “Okay, whatever. I gotta go now.” I said, waving off the topic. I kissed her cheek and walked swiftly towards the door. “Bye!” I called as I walked down the road.