Chapter 6: Trouble

(Y/N)'s point of view 

It has been a week since I met Toby and since he agreed to be my friend. He started to tell me more about himself. Like his past, how he was in a car accident with his sister Lyra, how Lyra died, how he can't feel pain. But I feel like he's not telling me everything. He always has to leave to go somewhere but won't tell me where. I've decided to be patient. He'll tell me he wants to. But today I'm just really curious. 

 "Hey Toby, where do you go when you leave?" He just froze. Why doesn't want to tell me? Doesn't he trust me? "You don't have to say anything if you don't want. I take it you don't trust me enough to tell me." Then I just walk over to my bed and lay down on my side, facing the window. "(Y/N) it's not that I don't trust you. I just don't think you'll want to be my friend after I tell you." I nod. And motion for him to keep talking. Then out of nowhere a girl about my age comes through the window. She has a clock for an eye, brown hair, a green eye, and she's holding 2 knives. "Hey Toby, I finally found you! Is this your little girlfriend?" Then she starts laughing like a maniac. Toby and I are just there blushing. "Uh okay I'm just gonna go and let you guys talk." After I say this I just go down to the kitchen and make myself waffles. When the waffles are done I sit on the couch, turn on the TV and eat my waffles while watching TV.

TOBY'S POINT OF VIEW

 "Wow Toby, she's pretty." clockwork says. I just stare at her and say, "What are you doing here?" I sit down on (Y/N)'s bed and hold my head with both my hands. "Why are you here? I was trying to talk to her." I sigh. Clockwork sits next to me. I just stand up, point to her and point to the window. Motioning for her to leave. Instead she jumps on me and tackles me with a hug. "I missed  you!" I just stand there and keep pointing at the window. Clockwork frowns and lets me go. "I get it, you want to talk to your girlfriend and not spend time with your best friend." I blush at her saying that (Y/N) is my girlfriend. I mean I would like her  to be. I've been observing her for quite some time. I think exactly about 5 months. When I first saw her she just was so interesting. And over time I couldn't help but fall in love with her. "Clockwork she's not my girlfriend. She's just a friend." Clockwork just nods in understanding. 

 Then, clockwork and I just hear singing coming from downstairs. We hear the lyrics, "If only the clockworks could speak, I wouldn't be so alone. We burn every magnet and spring, and spiral into the unknown. Somebody shine a light, I'm frozen by the fear in me. Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me! So cut me from the line, Dizzy spinning endlessly. Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me!" What beautiful singing. I then recognize it as (Y/N)'s singing. I point at the window and clockwork nods and leaves.