I'M BACK...

Hey guys, it has been a while.

I last updated this book over a year ago and I hadn't been back since until the other day. Why? Well let's just say that I was getting a bit frustrated with the way my hair journey was going so I started doing a lot of long term protective styles (this was in June 2018). After that, I experienced quite a significant amount of breakage so I decided that it was time to properly start caring for my hair again as I hit the 1 year mark of my "healthy haircare journey".

When I first began my journey on August 17th 2017, my hair was 9" at the front and 7" at the back. When I measured my hair in August 2018, my hair was 9.5" at the front, 10" in the middle and 10.5" in the back. So yes, my hair had grown but not as much as I'd hoped it would.

Anyway, I really focused on my haircare for the last year. I tried out a few new products, I changed my regimen and stopped using long-term protective styles. In around April 2019 I decided that I wanted to come back on here and write, but I didn't. Not because I was lazy, or I couldn't be bothered but because I wanted to ensure that when I finally returned, I would be able to report my findings/ the things I have learnt in the last year or so. However, I still hadn't figured everything out yet, and I still didn't have a regimen so I didn't post (as you can probably tell).

August 2019 rolled around and I decided that it would be time for me to measure my hair again (some of you may remember that I used to measure monthly and I still mostly do). However I hadn't measured my hair in a while. Since a couple of months ago, I've started measuring the front, middle and back on both my left and right side of my head as I realised both sides are quite different. So my results for August 2019 were:

Left- Front=15.75" Middle=13.75" Back=13.5" Right- Front=15" Middle=14" Back=13.5"

As you can see, I retained a lot more length in the past year when I really started trying out different things and listening to my hair more. So that prompts the big question. Am I going to start updating on here again? Well... yeah.

After I decided I would come back to update in April, I also figured that maybe I'd start writing a blog about natural hair. So, I did! There are a lot of topics and products etc that I still need to write about and I will be doing it on both here and my blog. You may be thinking, "what?" but let me explain.

Well, I've decided that I will post on my blog twice a week, and I'll post on here every other week. Wattpad is where I first started writing and you guys were the first people to read my stuff. Therefore, my posts on here WON'T be things that you can find on my blog, they'll be completely exclusive to my wattpad readers.

Before I end this though, I really want to thank you all for the reads I've received on here whilst I've been gone as I really appreciate it. Also, I never intended to disappear for so long but life happens.

Of course, feel free to check out my blog and stay tuned for my posts on there. But I'll be back in two weeks (or who knows maybe a bit before as this was only an update!).

kinkstherapy.com/