"good riddance, all of you!" rebekah spoke loudly, throwing her heel at the door the three had left through.

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"wait, you think the killer is a—" alaric glanced around himself and meredith before uttering his last word. "vampire?"

"there are no other suspects. it's the obvious conclusion." meredith told the man, seemingly sure of herself.

"oh, come on, now. let's not go blaming the new family in town just because you lot have got yourselves a killer at large." klaus made his presence known, followed by kol and jocelyn.

alaric looked suspiciously between the three, catching onto the smirk jocelyn was sending his way. he watched as she waved the bartender over, meeting his eyes once again a moment later.

"don't mind us, 'laric." jocelyn leaned against the bar from her spot between the two mikaelsons. "we're just here to let off some steam, right?"

"right." kol's eyes lingered on meredith, visibly making the woman uncomfortable. jocelyn nudged the man at his obvious staring. klaus nodded along to her words, his smirk matching hers.

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"bennett witches, thank you for coming." esther greeted the two bennett's. "i can think of no better allies than the woman who sent mikael into his long sleep and the girl who fought niklaus so bravely."

abby glanced down to her shoes for a moment, her mind roaming over her younger daughter. at the news of the girl being infatuated with the hybrid, it left the woman at a loss of words. "why exactly did you invite us here?"

"you are the descendants of the witch, ayana." esther informed the two witches. "she was a great mentor of mine and i think it's only fitting that i draw from her bloodline."

"are you channeling our ancestors?" bonnie questioned the woman, confusion evident on her features.

"i draw from the entirety of the bennett bloodline, living and dead. your sister, the one my niklaus has taken such a liking towards, is included. the connection affords me great power, although it is somewhat difficult to maintain. which is why i require you, mother and daughter. the bloodline made manifest. jocelyn, because of her relations with my son, there is no trust there. she'll do whatever to protect my family and i can't let that intervene with my plans."

bonnie felt a pinch of guilt blooming in her chest. she knew she had to do this. to protect everyone, but she knew she'd lose her sister for good if she had a hand in the fall of the mikaelson's.

"tonight, my sisters," esther took a hold of the witches hands. "we shall bring peace to the spirits of nature that we serve and for that, i thank you."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"no, they're still here." alaric responded to the raven haired on the other line. "they've, uh, drank their way through half the grill's liquor supply."

"good. it'll be easier if they're wasted."

"so, what's the plan?"

"divide and conquer." damon answered the man. "first, we'll need a distraction."

jocelyn stood in the bathroom, staring at her reflection for a moment. she let out a sigh, feeling the affects of all the alcohol she'd managed to drink within the last couple hours.