XIV.

"looks familar, doesn't it?" klaus questioned as he held the bars door open for jocelyn.

"i cant believe this place is still here." stefan replied, looking around.

"you got to be kidding me." a feminine voice was heard from the other side of the bar.

"so, a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender—" klaus began, a grin on his features.

"stop. you may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny." gloria's eyes fell onto stefan. "i remember you." her eyes then went to jocelyn. "and you, the bennett siphoner."

"yeah, you're gloria." stefan nodded, shock showing on his features.

jocelyn furrowed her eyebrows, looking between klaus and the witch. "what the hell?"

"shouldn't you be—" stefan began to asked.

"old and dead?" gloria grinned. "now if i die, who's going to run this place, huh?"

"gloria's a very powerful witch." klaus leaned over and spoke to jocelyn.

"i can slow the aging down some. herbs and spells, but don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day."

"how does she know who i am?" jocelyn grabbed klaus' arm. gloria smiled at the girl, but jocelyn refused to meet her eye.

"oh, sweetheart, this man does not shut up about you." gloria informed her.

"stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar." klaus' gaze fell on the vampire. stefan nodded before making his way over to the bar.

"i know why you're here." gloria said as she, klaus, and jocelyn sat down at one of the tables. "hybrid out to make more hybrids? with the siphoning bennett as his sidekick? that kind of news travels."

"so what am i doing wrong? i broke the curse." klaus leaned back in his chair, putting his arm around jocelyn. jocelyn knew about the stories floating around about the ruthless bennett making her way through covens, siphoning their magic.

"obviously you did something wrong. look, every spell has a loophole, but a curse that old. we'd have to contact the witch who created it." gloria informed the hybrid.

"well, that would be the original witch. she's very dead." klaus smirked.

"i know and for me to contact her, i'll need help." gloria tilted her head. "bring me rebekah."

jocelyn furrowed her eyebrows at the name. she looked between klaus and gloria in curiosity. what all was klaus deciding not to tell her?

"rebekah's a bit preoccupied." klaus refused to meet jocelyn's eye.

"she has what i need. bring her to me."

"what is this?" stefan spoke up, showing the photo to klaus and gloria.

"just about how many secrets are being held right now?" jocelyn shook her head at the photo. she didn't meet klaus' eye as she stood to her feet. "i'm going to get something to eat."

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

jocelyn drained another body, dropping it to the ground. she rubbed at her face in frustration. maybe it was the heightened emotions or the million questions swarming her mind, but frustration was all she could feel.

ever since she was a child, something was off about her. she could feel it and she knew the ones around her could feel it too. her mother left when she was the shy age of 7, her father becoming distant as well. bonnie, just a year older, could see the way her little sister changed as the years past. bonnie liked to blame her sisters lack of empathy on their parents abandonment.