VII.

CHERISH THE DEAD
- $UICIDEBOY$

CHERISH THE DEAD - $UICIDEBOY$

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

klaus, still residing in alaric's body, and jocelyn stood in the kitchen of the gilbert household. klaus watched as  jocelyn's entire demeanor seemed to change as they stepped foot inside the home. it was as if she was covering every emotion she allowed him to catch a glimpse of  once jenna was in sight.

jocelyn's attention perked as she sensed stefan making his way into the household as well, her infamous smirk quickly finding it way onto her lips. klaus' smirk mirrored her own, his eyes on her features while her own awaited stefan's presence in the kitchen.

"stefan, what a pleasure to see you again!" jocelyn's words dripped mock enthusiasm, her dimples showing promptly.

"hello, stefan." klaus' smirk seemed to only grow. "how's it going?"

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"you know, i find chopping— calming." klaus was attempting at scaring the human in the room, his words leaving jenna dumbfounded. "feeling the blade in the hand, maybe."

jocelyn was seated on the kitchen counter, watching the original void of any emotion. stefan's piercing gaze was unmissable, as well as jenna's, but the siphoner easily ignored the twos presence.

"i'm still waiting for someone to tell me what the hell is going on." jenna finally spoke up, jocelyn finally meeting her gaze.

"well, would you like to tell her stefan?" klaus put the knife down onto the counter with ease, glancing to the salvatore. "or shall i? perhaps even jocelyn could tell her, give a show or something."

"tell me what?" jenna's patience was skating on thin ice, it was obvious to the three.

jocelyn knew exposing jenna to the supernatural was just another way to taunt the others. a part of jocelyn didn't want jenna to become involved, for out of everyone in the small town, she was innocent. but, jocelyn remained silent and allowed klaus to play his game because even with the fearless facade, a part of her still found herself afraid of just what the man was capable of. she found herself baffled over why he'd taken a liking to her. baffled over why he wanted her.

"do you believe in vampires, jenna?" klaus questioned the woman bluntly, shrugging his shoulder after a moment. "well, who does, right? believe it or not, they do have a place in our history and as a history teacher, i find them fascinating."

jocelyn easily slid off the countertop, her taunting gaze finding stefan's. "personally, i take more of a liking towards the witches."

"why are we talking about this?" jenna asked with obvious disbelief towards the two.

"well, you've been angry with me for keeping secrets and this is one of my secrets. i am obsessed with vampires." klaus continued to play the part of alaric, letting out a dramatic breath. "there, i said it."