What Is He? (0)

"Stupid brat," the man said sending another fist into Mark's stomach. "Who the hell do you think you are?"

Mark winced, his legs giving out as his back slid down the brick wall. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "Question is who do you think you are? Picking on the weak just because you're stronger than them. The thought is disgusting."

The man gritted his teeth, face turning red as he drew his arm back. His hand curled into a fist. "You're going to pay for what you said you goddamn brat!"

Mark grinned as the man threw his fist forward. He held up a hand, catching the man's fist in his hand before it could hit him in the face.

"What the hell?!" the man exclaimed in surprise.

"You mortals never learn do you?" Mark asked standing up as his grip on the man's fist tightened. "Then please allow me to teach you a lesson you'll never forget."

In the blink of an eye, the man ended up on the other side of the alley. His back colliding with the brick wall, knocking the air out of him.

"Wha....what the hell are you?" the man asked, wincing as he looked up at Mark.

Mark smiled although there was nothing kind behind it. "Now if I told you that then it wouldn't be much of a surprise anymore. Now would it?"

He sent a glare at the man who tensed, trembling in fear. "I hope you've learned your lesson. Now then," he moved on with a smile, "Time to get home and enjoy some food."

The man could only watch as Mark picked up the bag of groceries he set down before any of this started. 'What the hell was he?' the man asked himself. 'Because he was far from being human.'

════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══

I hope you enjoyed the prologue! What do you think so far? Hope to see you guys in the next chapter!