9 | operation: save lydia

Start from the beginning

Meilani snuck into an abandoned office with Stiles, Scott and Allison. Once they were sure the coast was clear, Meilani shut the door and turned to face Allison. "Derek is outside waiting for Lydia."

"Waiting to kill her?" Allison asked, concern filling her features almost instantly.

"If he thinks she's the Kanima, then yes, especially after what happened at the pool," Meilani replied, running a hand down her face in frustration.

"It's not her," Stiles argued.

Scott shook his head sympathetically, especially because he knew his next words would hurt Allison as well. "Stiles, she failed the test. Nothing happened."

"It can't be her."

"It doesn't even matter because Derek thinks it's her," Allison cut in, throwing her head back to keep the tears at bay. "So either we can convince him that he's wrong, or we've got to figure out a way to protect her."

"Well, I don't think he's going to do anything here, not at school," Meilani said, crossing her arms. "Dereks' not that stupid."

Allison groaned and buried her face in her hands, letting out a heavy breath. "Okay, what if we can prove that Derek's wrong?"

Stiles scoffed and gestured to the clock behind him that indicated there wasn't that much time left of school. "By three o'clock?"

"There could be something in the bestiary," Allison suggested.