54. monday night, march 2015

Start from the beginning

"Your peanut butter cookies." He replied. Alex moaned loudly.

"They were the most amazing thing I've ever put in my mouth." Alex exaggerated. Luna raised her eyebrows at his choice of words and laughed.

"I'll make you some. I haven't made them in years though so they might not be as good." She spoke humbly. Alex watched her speak with adoration.

"Or those brownies you made once for Harry and I." Miles got excited talking about the food he loved.

"I've never had those." Alex pouted. Luna giggled and squeezed his bicep.

"I'll make those too." She smiled. "Although they're just regular brownies." She pointed out. Alex shook his head, taking gulps of his beer.

"If they're good enough for my Miles then they're good enough for me." He winked at Miles, who blew a kiss. Luna chuckled at their bromance.

"Excuse me! Can I just point out who introduced you two." She wiggles her eyebrows. Alex laughed.

"Did you know Miles before Alex?" Jen asked. Luna nodded as she sipped her drink.

"Lu and I grew up together. Her twin brother was my best mate back in school. Then one day she introduces me to a scrawny little fella by the name of..." he looked at Luna.

"Alexander." She grinned. Alex smiled as her hand slipped around his neck and sat there.

"I don't know why you insist on calling him that but anyway, she introduced us and we fell in love." Miles explained. Alex blew him a kiss.

"You're welcome." Luna giggled. Alex stared at her and realised that she was the only one who would most likely understand his and Miles' relationship the best. His other girlfriends had loved Miles but thought the fact they were so close was a tad odd.

It was a few more rounds before Alex started to slur his words which they all found hilarious. He put his arm around Luna and leant into her as the conversation proceeded.

"Jen was like, the only one who liked me." Luna laughed.

"You were just so god damn beautiful that everyone else was intimidated by you. I get intimidated by no one!" Jen burst. Miles and Alex laughed although Alex almost fell off his chair in the process.

"Well, now we have this group of friends. You should meet them sometime." Luna said to them. Alex watched her carefully, he knew she didn't have groups of friends. She was truly in her element out here.

"You okay?" Luna whispered to him, grinning like a madman. Alex looked up at her with droopy eyes and let out what could only be described as a giggle.

"Never been better, love." He kissed her loosely before trying to sit up so he wasn't leaning up against her so pathetically. He tried to compose himself, knowing that she would think he was the same guy a year ago that she despised.

"Wait so how did the last shadow puppets come around?" Jen asked. Luna moved her hand from Alex's neck up into his hair, moving her fingers subconsciously against his scalp.

"I did the song 505 with arctic monkeys..." Miles started.

"I love that song." Luna pulled Alex's hair lightly so he paid attention. He smiled at her before rolling his eyes back in pleasure, Luna giggled.

"Yeah so I did that song with them and then everyone kept asking us when we were gonna write our own album so we started messing around and the age of the understatement was born." Miles continued. Alex wasn't paying attention, he was too busy enjoying Luna's fingers caressing his scalp.