It seemed that my body did not want to give me a break today. It felt like every limb was going to drop off. My muscles ached, and I was plagued with extreme dizziness. Thomas needed to help me get out of bed, and I needed a nurse to help me bathe, and get dressed for the day.

I really hated that. I felt like a child again, and it only made me feel worse. I felt weak, and had to try really hard not to cry. It took about an hour to get both of those things done, and when I was ready, Thomas was waiting for me patiently. His patience truly was never ending.

Thankfully, it wasn’t as hot outside as it was yesterday, or I definitely would have had to miss out on this date.

This time, the halls of the hospital were crowded with all of the people that I was used to seeing. As we made our way, very slowly, down the halls, I was greeted, and smiles at, left right, and centre.

It was great to finally see some happy people. The ward I was in didn’t have that very often. I don’t blame them, though. Some of them had no reason at all to smile, and be happy.

The waiting room was filled with our friends from school, our old teachers, and of course our families.

I hadn’t seen some of these people in months, and it brought a tear to my eyes, that they were all here to see me.

They all rushed over, and greeted me with warm hugs, and excited smiles; Thomas had stepped back, enough to give me room, but staying close at the same time.

After allowing us all the time to say hello, Thomas said that we all needed to make our way to the back of the hospital.

Everyone made their way out of the hospital, and were much quicker than I was. I could see the happy and excited bounce to their steps, and it was definitely contagious, because I was grinning from ear to ear, which of course, made Thomas extremely happy as well.

When I finally arrived at where I was supposed to be, everyone was already there, standing in groups, and talking excitedly amongst each other.

They were standing to the side of a large circle of soil that had a small opening at the base of it. Beside them, were various sized black pots filled with my favourite flowers.

We were building a garden.

I had always loved nature, and gardens. Due to the fact that we only rented our house, I wasn’t able to build my own garden in our yard. This was amazing, and a dream come true.

The people that had come today were there to help us. It was a big job, but I was most definitely not missing out on this. It’s something that I had always wanted to do, and this would be my last chance to do it.

These dates just increased in amazement, and I would be forever grateful to Thomas for organising them. He was giving me everything that I had always dreamed of doing.

This meant so much to me, and he had no idea just how much. My love for him was endless, and it made it perfect that he knew so much about me, and was going to all of this effort just for me.

We started planning, and watering the various plants straight away. The smell of roses, baby’s breath, and soil, was overwhelming, but extraordinarily comforting, and brilliant.

Thomas wasn’t far away from me, giving me time with my friends, and he was chatting away with some of our male friends. I saw him glancing over at me with a loving smile, and I giggled. It was like in those movies where you glance at your crush when they aren’t looking.