Dreams and Dandelion

I was standing in Whiterun... a dragon circling overhead, I could see people running and screaming.

"DRAGON!!" A guard shouted and I ran towards Dragonsreach I could see someone enter the keep and I felt someone holding me from going after them.

"The Dragonborn can handle this!" Someone said and I shouted at them

"No! They'll die!" I fought against the hands holding me back

"Athena!!" I screamed and I saw Alduin land on top of Dragonsreach I shook my head tears streaming down my face.

"She'll die..." I whimpered and then I saw it, the dragon fire, and the screams grew louder. I broke free of the hands holding me and I flung myself forward. I scrambled up the stairs and made it to the door, as I flung it open I saw the body of the Dragonborn burned and bloody. I sank to my knees and cried

"You ignorant fools..." rumbled Alduin, I looked up at the dragon and it came close to me.

"You think a fool of a Dragonborn could possibly defeat me?!" He roared and I glared at him.

"I will not let you get away with this dragon..." I growled as I got up. I stood tall, I opened my mouth, and screamed. I felt the walls of the building crumbling around me as the dragon was blown away. I felt something cutting into me and I stopped screaming as the dream faded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke breathing hard and sitting up quickly. The sun was just starting to rise over the hills,

"Nightmare?" Asked Geralt and I turned to look at him.

"Yeah..." I replied quietly.

"Was it the werewolf?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, it was the day I left Whiterun, why I left and never looked back..." I said even I couldn't believe that I actually remembered everything from that day. Maybe this world was making my make-believe a reality...

"Are you hungry?" He asked and I nodded

"Yeah." I crawled out of the bedroll and sat next to him. He handed me a bit of skewered rabbit and I ate it willingly. It was gamy and a bit tough but I ate it, I wasn't about to complain about what we had.

"We leave as soon as the sun crests over the hills if not sooner. Pack up the bedroll and I'll take care of the fire." I nodded and started to roll up the bedroll and blanket tying it onto the back of the horse. I saw Geralt slip my robe and nightgown into one of the saddlebags as I finished tying the bedroll off.

Before I could try to get on by myself I felt hands around my waist and Geralt lifting me onto his horse. He untied it and walked it towards the road, leading it towards only he knew where.

"Geralt, where are we going?" I asked and he looked up at me for a moment

"To the next town, there's a tavern I like to visit. I have some good friends there." He said and I nodded. We traveled in silence for a while he only looked back at me every few minutes to see if I was alright. To be honest, I was a little terrified, he was taking me somewhere I had never been, and honestly we were still strangers to each other, but I felt this magnetic pull towards him. If I had no common sense I would have begged him to take me right there that night.

"Something on your mind?" He asked and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"No, nothing." I said and he gave me a suspicious look.

"You're blushing." He said and I covered my cheeks.

"J-just a bit of a fever m-must be from yesterday..." I said and he stopped the horse he pulled one of his gloves off and put it to my cheek, his hand was warm and rough. He moved his hand to my forehead and I felt my heartbeat quicken.