Chapter Twenty-Seven: Disadvantages of Being Kidnapped

Start from the beginning

“Eat up.”

            I looked up and there was Jensen, smirking wickedly at me. He was holding out a tray of food – my lunch. He placed it down on the table and walked around me. Slowly, he untied the rope behind my chair. When the rope was undone, I massaged my restrained wrist while glaring at Jensen.

            “What? What’s the glare for?” he asked innocently, as if he didn’t kidnap me, as if he didn’t shot my boyfriend, as if everything was okay in the world.

            “I hate you,” I spat.

            “Oh, I know,” he said dismissively.

            I picked up my utensils and began to eat while Jensen sat on the edge of the bed, watching me.

            For a moment, there was silence until Jensen decided to break it.

            “So… do you know why I agreed with teaming up with Fiona?”

            “I couldn’t care less.”

            “Oh, I know you do.”

            I gave him a sarcastic look. “Oh? What makes you say so?”

            “Anyway,” he said, ignoring me, “I agreed with teaming up with Fiona because I want you for myself.”

            This time, it caught my attention. My eyes snapped at him as I dropped my utensils on my tray. Holy crap. He didn’t just say that.

            “What… what do you mean you – you want me?” I stammered.

            He smirked, enjoying my helpless demeanor. He leaned closer to me and tucked a hair behind my ear. I froze on his touch but he just chuckled as he caressed my cheek lovingly. “The moment I laid my eyes on you… I knew… You were the girl for me.”

            I almost choked on the food that I was chewing. What did he just say?!

            “You might have forgotten the moment we first met,” he said softly.

            “It wasn’t a memory I would love to remember,” I snapped.

            He laughed. “True, true. Well, we first met when the doctors got some of your blood. Remember? You never noticed me but I always do. There’s just something about you that I can’t think about. Then Fiona contacted me and told me that you were the Vampire Princess – which made it one hundred times better.”

            “Why do you even want me?! Garret loves—” I stopped myself. No… I thought Garret loved me. But I knew he didn’t. He never did. He just used me. He knew all along that I was the Vampire Princess but he never told me! He never told me because he’s hungry for power, for wealth – just like his mother. Like mother, like son.

            Jensen smiled sympathetically and placed a hand on my knee. I didn’t seem to notice since I was busy thinking. “Garret loves you? Well, I’m sure that love is nothing but fake. Let me show you what true love is.”

            This made me snap out of my thoughts. I glared at him hatefully. “What do you know about true love?”

            “Oh, you have no idea what I know about that department.”

            “Since when have you loved?”

            He narrowed his eyes at me dangerously. “You don’t want me answering that question.”