"Oh, right, my apologies," the woman nodded, "Well, we better get going." Marci pursed her lips together and nodded in response; the woman turned on her heel walking down the corridor, her heels echoed in the halls like a warning of her arrival. The walk was quiet between the pair, which honestly, Marci appreciated. She couldn't stop her wandering mind as it bounced from thinking about how to get back to Romania as quickly as possible and to seeing Bucky again. She didn't want to admit it, but she missed him so damn much and it had only been a few days.

"Are you sure you gotta go?" Bucky asked, watching Marci toss her backpack over her shoulders. Marci walked forward as a sigh escaped her lips.

"Buck," she whined having him a sad smile, "We've been over this. I have to go." They stood just a foot apart, barely enough room for the sexual tension that had been building between then ever since the night of their kiss.

"I know, I just-," he paused pushing a strand of hair out of his eyes, "I just don't want you to."

"I know," she sent a sad smile his way once again, "but I promise I'll be back before you know it."

"I'll hold you to that," Bucky gave his best effort at a smile, but she could still see the pain in his eyes. Marci stepped forward towards him, leaning in she planted a delicate kiss on his cheek. Her soft lips brushed against his stumble making her body feel numb, but it only lasted a second because she soon pulled away. As she did so she couldn't help glance down at his lips. Boy, did she want to kiss him again. She knew it wouldn't be a good idea though, she was certain that if she did kiss him, there's no way in hell she'd be able to leave.

"Please, promise me you'll stay safe," she backed away from him moving towards the door. "And make good choices while I'm gone," she laughed half heartedly.

"Only the best," Bucky retorted with his signature sly grin, it was good to see him look happy, even if it was only for a second. Marci nodded in response. With one final moment, eyes locked on each other Marci stepped through the door, leaving Romania and Bucky behind.

"Here you are Miss Cramer," Marci snapped back into reality when she came face to face with a clouded glass door; she couldn't see who, or what, hide behind it.

Marci turned to face the woman and gave her a slight nod, "Thanks." The woman gave a her a smile, one which Marci couldn't quite decipher, and turned on her heel and walked away. Marci's eyes locked on the door handle, but she couldn't seem to move her arm to open it. It terrified her that she had no idea what lied behind it, but she couldn't stay in the hallway forever. After taking a deep breath, and giving herself a mini pep talk, she opened the door and stalked through it. Only to find that on the other side of the door was all of the avengers, including a few faces she didn't recognize.

"Look who finally showed up," a familiar voice rang through her ears. She turned to see Sam wearing his signature smirk; a lopsided grin made its way to her face. Marci lunged forward wrapping her arms around his neck in a tight embrace.

"Oh my god, Sam," she smiled into his shoulder. When she pulled away, she noticed Steve standing at his side. He gave her a small smile, Marci felt a wave of guilt wash over her. "Hey, Steve," she gave him a sad smile.

"What, nothing for me?" A female voice questioned. Marci turned coming face to face with Natasha and her signature fiery locks.

"How've you been?" Marci said pulling the woman in an embrace which Natasha gladly excepted.

When Natasha pulled away, she shrugged and sighed, "I've been better," she paused, "We've all been better," her tired eyes looked Marci up and down. "But you look good," she gave a small smile.

A small blush crept over Marci's cheeks, she hoped Natasha didn't noticed, "I've been good," she smiled.

"Yeah?," Natasha gave her a look. Damn it, she noticed. "Who's got you smiling like that?"

Hearing those words piqued Sam's interest in their conversation. "Marci," Sam said in a stern yet joking manner, "What aren't you telling us?" A lot of things.

"I, uh," Marci didn't know how to explain what she's been up to without spilling Bucky's secret, "Well, I met someone."

"So who is he?" Sam paused, "Or she, because that's cool too," Sam quickly added, he looked flustered.

"Well, it's a he," she began, "You know how I've been traveling in Europe? Well, we met when I got there, he's been real good to me." Marci couldn't help it, talking about Bucky was making her smile like an idiot.

Sam eyes softened as the sly grin that he wore transformed into a genuine smile, "You deserve to be happy, M."

"Yeah," Marci thought, "Yeah, I do."

————-
wow this took forever for me to get up and I'm really sorry! I recently started college and it's not what I expected so it's been hard for me to find time to write. hopefully you guys are patient with me because I am determine to finish this soon!

make sure to vote and comment!