Chapter Three- Talk To Me

_TRIGGER WARNING_

*Clem's P.O.V.* 

   I wake up after a long and restless night. I had 3 nightmares, all terrible. About Gabe finding and hurting me, Louis not caring about me, and of course, my dad. My wrists hurt quite a bit. Luckily it was fall and I could hide them with long sleeves until they went away. I told my mom I didn't feel well so I'm staying home today. She's at work and AJ is at school.
  I look at the time : 10:16. I glance at my phone to see 4 missed calls from Louis and 8 messages from him also. One of them being what he messaged me last night.
  L: clem just please talk to me
  L: hey where are you?
  L : why aren't you at school
  L: clem im rlly worried abt you
  L: plz text me back i need to know if you're ok
  L:im coming over to your house after school
  L: even earlier if i have to
  L: plz just let me know if you're ok

   I reread the messages over and over. I'm ecstatic he's cares about me, but he doesn't need to get involved. He'll get hurt. What do I say? Don't come over, I'm sick. I'm fine don't come over though my mom is home. I'm ok, missed my alarm, too late to go to school.
   I dedcided on the first one. He almost responded right away even though he's in class.
  C: im just sick. don't come over, im fine
  L: i need to see you
  C: louis no seriously im not joking
  L: too bad you can't stop me idc

   Ugh. He cares about me too much. Ok if he's coming over, I need to prepare, I thought. I thought I had a little time, but turns out it was an early day. I heard a knock and ran to go put on a long sleeve shirt to hide my weakness.
  Maybe if I ignore him he'll go away? Boy was I wrong. He snuck in through the window downstairs. I was trying not to cry when I heard my bed room door creak open. I was facing away from the door and didn't bother to look.
  "Clem?" I heard Louis say.
  I turned around and stared at him. I stood up and ran into his arms. How I missed them. I looked up at him.
  "What is going on? " Louis demanded.
  "I-I can't tell you. " I said. "You'll end up getting hurt a-and I can't deal with that. "
  "I don't care Clementine! I need to know what's wrong with you. A-and if you don't tell me, then I-I can't be with you. So either way I'm getting hurt."
  Weakness took over my body. I fell to my knees.
  "F-fine I'll tell you. " I gave in. He was listening.
  "A-at Gabe's house, He um... H-he kissed me t-then he.. " My voice was shaky, "Then he started touching me... I kicked him and ran as fast as I could. I'm so sorry Louis. " I was balling by now.
  Louis was crying too and that broke my heart. He held me tightly.
  "I-I'll kill him! "
  "NO Louis please don't... I don't want him to hurt you.. I need you to be here with me.. "
  "If I see him even look at you I'm going to put him in the hospital. "
  Louis stayed for the rest of the day comforting me. At one point I fell asleep. He must've noticed how warm I was getting and took off my sweater. I was suddenly woken up.
  "Clem.. What's on your wrists? " He asked, worried.
  "What! Nothing! " I tried to grab the sweater but he pulled it away.
  "Did you do this because of him? "
  I didn't say anything. He could tell by my face. Truly I didn't know what to say, because most of it was because of him. Most.
  Louis got up and ran off.
  "Louis stop! " I screamed.
  I got on my sweater and shoes as fast as possible and ran after him. Sadly for me he had a car, but I can run fast and Gabe's house is close.

When I got there, out of breath, I saw Louis's car parked by his house. The front door was opened. Oh no. I ran  inside as fast as my legs could carry me. I ran into Gabe's room. There I saw Louis on the ground in pain.
  "Louis! "
  Gabe noticed me and came over to me.
  "This is all your fault! " He said as he punched me in the face. I fell on the ground. Suddenly with all the strength he had, Louis stood up and tackled Gabe.
  "Don't you touch her! "
  I just sat watching, crying. He kept hitting him until he passed out. Gabe's face was covered in blood; so was Louis's. I also had blood on my face from the punch.
  Louis crawled over to me
  "Are you ok!? " He asked.
  "Y-yea I'm fine. Are you o-ok? "
  He just nodded and held me for a while.
  "He won't hurt you again. I'll call his parents later and tell him. " Louis said.
  I nodded and kissed him.
  "I'm so sorry for everything. " Louis said. "I'm so sorry he hurt you, I'm so sorry I wasn't there to save you I'm sorry, I'm sorry. " Louis was crying silently.
  "It's ok, it's ok Louis. You didn't do anything wrong. You're amazing, I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend. You're everything I need. "
  We walked to his car and sat for a while.

  "P-please Clem, don't hurt yourself again, ok? Please. " Louis begged.
  I nodded and smiled.
  "Don't go getting punched again. I thought you were dead for a minute."
  "Am I still handsome? " He asked with a smirk.
  I just kissed him.
  He drove me home and we said our goodbyes. I promised I would come to school tomorrow. Luckily, it was just getting cold so I can get away with wearing long sleeves for a while.

  Luckily, my mom wasn't home yet so I was able to sneak back in my room. Even after today, I was so depressed. I missed my dad so much. Gabe made me feel like an object. Louis got hurt because of me. I couldn't do anything anymore except fall asleep with tears running down my cheeks.

ok ik it's literally been two months since i posted a chapter just busy w life and stuff even though 2 ppl are reading this. well here's the next chapter