1.The Quantum Leap

I, Jack Markson , 16 years old. My eyes popped out of my head as I found myself in a wholly mysterious and unrevealed place. I realised a cut on my hand. My hand was bleeding. I was caged in a small rusted place . I did not know who did this and why was this done to me. Suddenly, it commenced to wobble and moved up. Something there was stinking, I checked out and I found a large dead rotten African buffalo. Everything was peculiar in that elevator. I was completely bewildered what was happening? My curiosity to know what was going on, kept on increasing. My hands began to feel the numbness. I tore my soot black t-shirt to thwart the bleeding. More than scared, I was bewildered. The elevator finally terminated, as I stepped outside of the elevator a strong gust ruffled my hair and activated my goosebumps. A sudden push from behind giving me a shock because I was the only one in the elevator.

I dug my legs into the ground firmly.

I impeded myself to turn around and look who was it? Ahead in front of my eyes I could see nothing except for murkiness and a petit sodium lamp far away. I assembled all the courage to look back and as I turned back a very scintillating Alice light struck my eyes. I was dead to the world. Couldn't feel anything.

Suddenly, I had my compos mentis. I was completely naked and my body was shivering due to fear. I staggered around to look out for a way . I took the sodium lamp. I failed to discover anything except the dark area stretching away for miles and miles. My confidence was the only factor which kept me alive . I believed there was a way out , the way must be hard but there is one for sure. Paths are not made by waiting, but paths are made by walking. My confusion increased as I recollected my memory before the unconsciousness , a bright white light struck me. I did not know what was that light? Was it a quantum leap? Frankly, I did not know.

Everything was so normal before that lout night , I was having a pleasant dinner with my family and then my parents escorted me to my bedroom . In a jiffy I slept and the next time I opened my eyes . I was in a small gothic rusted elevator with a dead buffalo which took me up here.

WHAT CAN THIS BE?

In an instant a door squeaked and I sprinted towards it and tried to open the door as fast as possible. I entered and there was a dim light glowing, unfortunately this door lead to nothing but just a DEAD END. I tried to open the door but it was locked , I was stuck. The enclosed area started to throttle me. I laid my back against the wall. Suddenly I could hear footsteps of someone nearing me. I wondered how can a person walk through a dead end. His shadow got deeper and bigger, my heart commenced to beat faster "Thomp thump thomp". His shadow came near to me but I couldn't see the man. I couldn't believe what my eyes saw. There was a loud scream from outside the door. The shadow opened the door and there were two people outside. They were bleeding, their hands and legs were amputed. Their head was lacerated from their body. Gazing at them made me feel like retching. I caught their heads and reversed them to see who's dead bodies are these. Out of bombshell , these bodies were of my parents. On the spot , hot tears blurred my vision and I screeched , bellowed and bawled . I was crest fallen, my heart shattered into small pieces of glasses. This incident made me even more scared. My sweaty palms made a firm fist out of fear.

I roared out tumultuously "Who the **** are you?why are you doing this to us?what made you take these steps?"

I sat at the side of nowhere and I snivelled , I had mixed emotions at this moment. I was too angry and sorrowful for my parents and I was
too scared that who ever this person is! He was really dangerous