Chapter 26

Warning: before you start reading, I need to apologize if you're emotional like me. Sorry for making you cry(again, if you're emotional).

Chapter 26: life or death?

Where is Ethan?! I want to see him. He's not answering my calls nor calling me back.

He's...he's not gone. I'm sure he's somewhere out there. I hope I find him as soon as possible.

I really hope so.

As soon as I got home from the hospital the next day, I hurried up to go out and search for Ethan. But before doing it all by myself, I had to inform the police first. I got asked too many questions but I am currently so nervous and anxious that I stuttered every time I had to answer a question. Once we're done with the questions, I was asked to leave. They promised me to do their job to the fullest, finger crossed.

I left the police station, praying that it's going to work out. I went straight to 'Sydney's sweet pancakes'. Yes, I went there. No, I'm not scared of being shot. I don't want to die knowing that I haven't even tried to reach out for Ethan. He deserves someone who's not going to let go of him or let him down, he deserves to...live.

Once I made it there, I couldn't handle my tears anymore. I feel knives in my throat and I can't help it, I just can't hold back my tears anymore. The place's area was empty, the shop's closed, and there is only the police who's surrounding the area. One of the policemen waved at me and I tried to read his lips, he's obviously asking me to leave.

Leaving as if nothing happened? No, Ethan deserves better than that.

I went out of the car and ran towards the shop, trying to break into it but the policemen were holding me back. I fought them, I cried, I fell down on my knees but they wouldn't let me get in.

"Stop it! Please go back to your car or else we'll have to deal with you in another way", the policemen are taking me back to my car but I was just trying to break my arms from their hands.

"That's not how you treat a girl who's desperately searching for her boyfriend and who doesn't even have a clue whether he's dead or alive. You know what? People suck. You all are so cruel", I yelled as tears are running down my face, my shirt's all wet now. I stared the engine of the car and left the area in the highest speed possible. 

I miss him already, I need to find him.

I stopped the car on the side of the highway and...that's when it hit me hard. He's lost, I don't even know if he's dead or alive, I don't know where he could possibly be. 'Sydney's sweet pancakes' is the only pancake place he ever goes to, that's what he once told me at least. I tapped over and over again on the steering wheel; harder than I should have, my wrists are starting to hurt me and I'm sure they're going to turn blue later on.

But I can't stop myself. I can't stop crying, I can't stop tapping on that stupid steering wheel, I'm crying through the pain but I just can't hold myself back. I'm going crazy and my brain isn't working. I would honestly kill myself if it weren't for Ethan, but I don't want to betray him. He wants me to stay strong no matter what happens.

I'm doing this for you, Ethan Dolan, only for you. If I had the choice I'd probably jump off a cliff but you wouldn't be happy about it, no matter where you are. So here I am, physically standing on both of my feet but emotionally falling into the deepest holes.

A few hours later I got to our house safe, thankfully. It was too late but I obviously couldn't sleep. I wasn't even sleepy at all. I couldn't stop figuring out ways to find Ethan.

"He's not dead, no he's not". I keep saying this to myself to try to hold back my tears but nothing seems to work. I'm weak, and I'll always be. Sorry Ethan.

I brutally grabbed my journal and I just felt like an illiterate. I couldn't write anything, not even a word. I could do nothing but scribble all over the page.

I want to talk to him, I want to hear his voice. I will call him one more time, that's my only hope. Five seconds later, there's an old raspy voice who answers: "call one more time and I'm slaughtering him in pieces. You might never see him again", he pauses a bit and then his voice lowers a bit as if he moved the phone away, "you want to say something to your little girlfriend?"

"Let me talk to him!" I scream loudly.

"Oh, he's trying to say that...he loves you? Poor little man, he can't talk throughout the rope on his mouth"

WHAT-

He's...kidnapped?!

My poor Ethan, I really don't have any tears left to cry, I'm dehydrated. Stop being harsh on me.

Shall I feel happy because he's alive or anxious because he's kidnapped? Why does the world hate me? Why can't we both be happy for once in our lives?

I don't have time to overthink right now. I need to go to the police station and tell them about what happened. When I arrived, they tried to dial him but the phone was shut down.

"We'll keep you updated Ms. Lee. We're doing our researches, it might take a while".

"Thank you so much"

Shall I lose hope, shall I keep searching or shall I just wait?

Patience is my only friend right now. Patience and tears.

Author's note: I think there is only one or two chapter(s) left, I'm still not sure!!!

Omg, who can turn this into a movie please? :'(((