Chapter 30 : A Silent Night for confessions

Start from the beginning

Yet again she surprised him by turning around when she was almost close to the door and whispered those five words back before rushing out of the room.

" I Love you too,Vihaan " the words kept echoing in his mind as he drifted off to sleep that night .

******************************

Lavanya didn't want to be the baby sitter, but unknowingly she was relegated to the task as the adults including Vihaan was locked up in Rajeev bhai office to discuss about Vihaan and Ananya.

Yuv, her adorable brother is so bad at keeping secrets and so he had to be kept clueless about the truth until they decide on how to proceed and Anjali the sweetheart probably won't be able to grasp it in her tiny mind hence was exempted as well .

Her parents flight was scheduled in three hours, so she knew they would come to a decision soon. By the time everyone came out, her eyes drifted towards to Vihaan to check his mood but she couldn't decipher what was going on in his mind.

Soon she was so caught up with bidding goodbye to her family that they didn't get time to talk alone, her mom insisted Lavanya stay behind and not drive them to the airport as they are going to meet each other in few days once her exams get over .

Once they left ,she finally decided to find out what they have decided but since Vihaan was with Anjali ,she had asked Divya di who was in the kitchen cooking.

" Your parents assured Vihaan ,they will find if his sister knows about her adoption from her mother. We can't spring this one on her without knowing her mind set . Then once we get her mom's consent than Vihaan can meet her in person on his vacation.

Your dad suggested that his sister should meet Vihaan as your friend first, then we can tell her once she felt comfortable around him, his sister isn't a kid any more and we need to be careful with how we break the news to her, to minimize the negative effect it may have on her .

I am worried Lavanya, about him . He had faced so much in such a young life that it would break my heart if it didn't work out. He would make such a great brother, look at Anjali . I am aware that Manjula dida helped run the Children's home but if you masked me, I will tell you Vihaan single handedly raised her. I just want him to be happy " Divya di spoke up and Lavanya understood her fears as well.

By the time she found Vihaan later that day, he was watching the clip of Ananya birthday with for her . She didn't know how many times he had seen it already and her heart tugged at the sheer joy in his face as he saw his sister .

Her footsteps alerted him of her presence as he looked up and smiled at her, she took the seat beside him and waited till he was ready to speak up. She knew he must have lot to share with her .

" I am scared Angel , I was always worried about her. Wondered what she was doing or if she found good parents or what if she was suffering even at that moment all because I couldn't protect her and sometimes I worried if she was alive or left the world as Roshini and I continued to live not even knowing the truth .

Now I got all the answers, she is happy and content with her life. And the only thing that might disrupt her happiness would be my presence with the truth. Would she welcome the truth that she was born due to extra martial affair between my mom and her father. Would she welcome the truth that my dad killed our mom , Would she welcome the truth that she was sold to a highest bidder in the name of adoption .

Your father didn't say it in words but I know Ananya's father paid a huge sum to the monster for the adoption in the form of donatio, a amount he hasn't  been able to recover in his business until he gave into despair and started drinking. And sunk into more debts than he can handle ,or would she want to know the truth that her adopted father didn't die accidentally,  but was killed by the debtors when he failed to pay his loans.

I wonder if I should never make myself known and always remain in her life as your friend. Tell me honestly what do you think I should do ?" Vihaan's question came as a surprise, she thought the only problem was how to disclose the truth to his sister, but Vihaan was right with truth comes the darker past as well .

" You know Kavya's father is my mom's brother right, and they haven't met each other till mom got married to dad and only after that they found out about being siblings born to a same father who as far as I know was a monster as well, and I wonder how different our life would be if I never known Arnav bhai and Kavya as my cousins, would we have grown up together like now or would they have been just a acquaintance.

The answer is we can't predict the future Vihaan, My mom was 28 when she found out about her brother and Ananya is just 12 . It is not too late and yes your past isn't pretty but it doesn't have to define your relationship with your sister.

Ananya isn't going to reject you because of your father, the girl is your sister Vihaan and you have every right to be part of her life. Don't you dare give up on her because you are worried about her rejection. Think of it from her perspective if you gave up on telling her the truth, it was you who rejected her before giving her a chance.

We can wait for as long as you want Vihaan, until we learn more about Ananya but you don't get to give up on her now that you have found her " Lavanya answered back and he only nodded his head in answer. She knew the battle ahead may not work in their favor ,it all depends on his sister and her mom. Yet she wasn't going to give into despair over unknown future . Right now she choose to be happy for Vihaan for finding his sister.

P.S :" That it for now. Let me know your thoughts and Feedbacks. Hit the votes if you liked it "

Juanita Reid