Chapter 7

Sahil straightly went to the cupboard and picked up the shirt. How the hell that hoodie man's shirt fell down from there! Pragati and Vishal's eyes followed him. 'What is my shirt doing here in your cupboard?' He asked Pragati. The presence of Sahil's shirt made him blurt out an urge to ask her. 'It's your shirt? I also don't know how' Pragati started stammering. 'After the date night, this shirt was missing when I had stripped it off as I went for a bath and when I returned it was not there. We did not hook up that night then how did it came into your cupboard?' Sahil asked, his big mouth finally opening. Pragati remembered well he had worn a peach coat. 'Inside the coat, I had worn this shirt. And it was missing after my bath' Sahil spoke as if he had read her mind. Vishal, with every talk going over his head, asked 'you know him Pragati? Sahil, you know her?'. Pragati was going to narrate a sprite tale to undisclose the truth but Sahil blurted out: 'yes on May first Friday, at The Regale, I and your girlfriend dated. We met on Tinder and she had accepted my request and then we chatted the whole night deciding about our date. But you were Nimisha Gupta right? Then how your name changed to Pragati Sengupta...?'

All those words hit Vishal like a venomed bullet hits someone's chest. Sahil was genuine on his part. The andamen actually belonged to him. 'How can you be so sure this is yo-you-yours only?', Pragati stammered with her heart in her mouth. 'It has that oil stain on it's shoulder. I have oil stains on every of my clothes like this green chatni stain now on my shirt', Sahil said. Pragati didn't know she was actually dating a kid. 'What's all this Pragati? What date what...', Vishal asked her with a confuse mind but Pragati interrupted him saying - 'Vishal I will tell you everything but I have not slept with him. I did not allow him to do so. Please calm down and listen carefully'. Pragati tried to condense his anger before it vapourised. Vishal stepped towards her, his brows contracted with anger and Pragati stepped backwards blabbering him the truth but he was not ready to listen. 'You were on Tinder as Nimisha Gupta? You chatted with him overnight? You met him? You dated him? You danced with him? You drank with him? You laughed on his jokes? And then this shirt's presence is a clear proof to......if you both had.....sex?' He asked squinting his eyes. 'Vishal no, we did not mate, we just dined there' Pragati's heart was crying out loudly. Her breaths were stuck to her chest. This is what really happens when your secret or something wrong you have done is disclosed. She could not make opthalmic contact to him so she closed her eyes and started speaking. 'We just dined. We didn't sleep Vishal' she kept on repeating. 'You had mated! You must have enjoyed his touches a lot na? More satisfying than me too?' He held her arm tightly and pulled her to his chest. Her arm ached with the way he had held it; ruthlessly. Pragati felt like bursting into cries and beat herself. 'I...am...sorry Vishal. I did not' she stammered but Vishal shouted 'Yes You Did Mate With Him' tearing his throat. Pragati started crying like a little girl. 'And how many names have you made like this?' He asked her on which she kept on nodding with tears. 'Yes yes! Of course you must have made. To chat with more boys who could satisfy you more.' His grip tightened on her arm, almost clenching her flesh. His words pierced her reputation as a woman. 'Vishal I didn't mean to cheat you. I know it is my mistake and I am sorry for that but I love you Vishal, I only love you!' She emphasized each word loudly with tears. 'Then why did you sleep with him? Why you went to meet him? WHY?' Vishal only knew about fury and nothing else. Pragati was dumb on this. How could she tell him that she, though knowing the consequences, went to meet Sahil just to see how much she could lure men. Before she could say anything, Vishal went and pushed Sahil on his chest with his palm. 'And you, how many girls do you date? And how many times have you slept with her. How dare you date my girlfriend!' Vishal spoke out holding Sahil's collar. 'Just leave me Vishal this is how you behave with your friend? For this you brought me here?' Sahil blurted out angrily as well. Vishal punched him on his belly. 'She is my girlfriend! And behaviour you don't have to teach me how to make with one's friend for just have a look at your shameless self' he said. 'What can I do if your girlfriend is a whore? She accepted my request I dated with her. That's it. What did I know that she is in a relationship?' Sahil said and went away grunting and hurling abuses on Vishal. And now, only Vishal and Pragati were left there. Pragati felt like to run and kill herself for this.