Chapter 4

"There's a party at Bryan's house. You going?" Dinah questioned as she sat next to me on the bleachers. Dinah has finished her work out for the day and so we were just lounging around. Mr. Y/L/N had been walking around and watching the class while they did their work outs.

"I'm thinking about it but I don't know if I should. I have a family dinner tomorrow. It might not be negotiable." I explained. "Your mom never forces you to stay since you told them about wanting more freedom." Dinah groaned as she leaned back and closed her eyes.

"I'll let you know if I can make it. I'll most likely be able to go but we'll see." I shrugged. "Normani and I broke up." Dinah chuckled. I looked at her and watched as her eyes watered. "What happened, mi amor?" I questioned as I brought her into a hug.

"She wanted someone that was her age and wasn't always trying to have fun. She wanted someone more responsible I guess." Dinah mumbled into my boobs. "Well it's her loss. You are so fucking amazing and anyone that gets the chance to be with you should feel special. You don't need her. You got me." I told her.

I lifted her head and wiped her tears, smiling as she slowly started smiling as well. "Why can't you just let me flick it?" Dinah laughed. I snorted before joining her. "Because we all know that I'd eat that cookie like Cookie Monster." I answered and she started laughing harder. "This is why we're best friends." Dinah chuckled before we got quiet. Mr. Y/L/N blew the whistle, indicating that class was ending, and that we needed to circle up. Dinah and I slowly made our way over to our teacher and stopped when we stood with the other students. 

"Next class we will be outside again. We are going to play a game because the gym inside is taken over." He spoke up as he looked down at his clipboard. "When you are dressed, come out here, and start warm ups. You guys are good to go." He finished as he looked up and watched students walking away. "Lauren, can you stay please?" He spoke and I looked at Dinah with a tight lipped smile. "I'll see you at the party hopefully." Dinah said before she jogged inside. 

"Yes Mr. Y/L/N?" I question. "You did a good job today. I really liked the effort you put into this class period. I really appreciate it." My gym teacher smiled at me. That fucking smile. "I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't part of my grade." I shrugged. "You didn't have to do it. We had that deal remember?" He asked. "I know but my best friend would have been by herself and I'm not going to watch her be tortured alone. If she's running, I'm running." I told him honestly. "Admirable. That's all I really wanted to tell you. If you like, you can spend your free period in the weight room if you'd like? I'll be in there if you agree." He gave me his charming smile. 

"Dinah has class so I'm down. I'll be there." His smiled widened and he nodded his head. "Good to know. I'll see you later I guess." He said. "See you later." I said as I walked towards the gym door. I looked down and felt my face heat up as I thought about being alone with my gym teacher, that is slowly growing on me. He's still an asshole but at least he's an almost tolerable asshole. 

Time Skip

I don't know why but I was anxious for lunch to end so I could go to the gym for my free period. Dinah had been talking to Camila about the part and Ally was the only one actually listening to what she was saying. When the bell rang, I gathered my stuff and said by to my friends before I left to drop my things off at my locker and grabbed my gym bag. 

I walked into the gym and made my way to the weight room and stopped just outside the door to see Mr. Y/L/N standing without a shirt on. I've never seen somebody as fine as this man. 

I walked into the gym and he looked up

I walked into the gym and he looked up. He quickly stood and quickly put his shirt back on. "Sorry, I forgot what time it was." He said as he took his earbuds out. "It's okay." I smiled softly. He nodded his head before he looked around before looking back at me. "You want to work out together?" He asked. "Sure." I shrugged. "What do you want to start with?" He asks. "Planks? It's a warm up." I said. He nodded his head and waited for me to get ready. 

I got into position and looked at him. He was in the same position and was setting a timer. "Let's see how long we can go." He said. He started the time and we both started the plank. My arms shaking a bit as we grew closer to a minute. I let out a shaky breath and he looked at me, smiling as he dropped onto one knee. "We could do something else if you'd like?" He spoke. 

I kept it going and grunted as I dropped down onto my stomach. I stood up and he got up and looked at me for a second. "We can do box jumps?" He suggested against. I nod my head quickly because box jumps were my favorite. "Okay, lets get it set up then." He clapped his hands before walking over to the boxes. He grabbed the tallest one we had and placed it next to the one that I had grabbed. I had grabbed one that was medium, definitely not as high as his. 

"Lets try do twenty." He said. I nodded my head and got ready to go up but he stopped me. "Straighten your back and squat before you jump. It leaves a better burn and works out more muscles." He explained. I nod my head and copied his actions. I jumped and let out a shaky laugh as I landed where I wanted to. He stepped down and I did too but my dumbass thought it was okay to jump off with the edge of the mat right there. I felt my ankle hit the floor and I instantly fell to the floor. "Shit" I grunted as it felt like my foot was broken. 

Mr. Y/L/N jumped into action and asked if I was okay but all I could think about was embarrassing myself in front of a sexy but annoying man. "I'm fine." I lied. He lifted my leg and placed it on his thigh as he looked up at me. "Does it hurt when I do this?" He asked as his hands wrapped around my ankle and slowly move it. "Don't do that! That hurts dumbass!" I groaned. He put my leg back down and helped me up. 

"What did I say about calling me names?" He asked as he lifted me up, carrying me towards the nurses office. "Is this appropriate?" I questioned. "Would you rather wait for a student to find a wheelchair or get there to handle it faster?" He answered. I kept quiet and let him carry me, trying not to think about his hands on the back of my thighs. 

So much for being alone with him...