0 | Epilogue

"Three months. I'm gone for three months and somehow you managed to royally fuck everything up?" Maya said angrily, dropping her suitcase on the floor of the living room in the Salvatore house.

"If it's any consolation, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about," Damon shrugged.

"When's the last time you talked to your brother? Face to face?"

"Uh, I don't know. A while?"

Maya closed her eyes and rubbed her temples with her fingers.

"Can you get him here so I can talk to him?"

"What time?" he asked, standing up and grabbing his phone.

"Preferably an hour ago."

"I have to go pick up little Gilbert from school but as soon as Stefan answers, I'll send him here."

"If he's not here in 15 minutes my head might actually explode, so please, get him here."

Damon looked at her in confusion but said nothing. He grabbed his keys before walking out.

Maya picked up her phone and dialed Klaus.

"Hey," he spoke, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine," Maya said, rubbing her temple.

"And by fine you mean…?" he trailed off, clearly expecting an answer.

"I mean that, other than the fact that Bonnie might be dead and Stefan might not be Stefan, everything is somewhat normal," Maya answered honestly, "How are the babies?"

"Tyler's sleeping and Hope is playing on her mat thingy," Klaus answered, still unable to remember all the names of their toys.

Maya laughed when the door opened, "I think he's here, I'll call you later?"

"I can still come you know."

"I can handle it, I'll be home soon. I love you."

"I love you too," he said and Maya could practically hear the eyeroll, "Bye."

"Bye," she said before hanging up and walking over to the front door.

"Maya," Stefan's voice rang throughout the house but something was unfamiliar about it, "Damon said you wanted to talk to me?"

"No, I didn't want to talk to you."

"He just sai-" he said, looking back at the door.

"Oh no, you misunderstand me. I don't want to speak with you. Because I asked Damon to send Stefan here so I could talk to him and well, you're definitely not him."

He furrowed his eyebrows as though he were concentrating and Maya couldn't help but laugh.

"God, my fiance is the original hybrid, you really think I haven't learned how to block off my mind?" Maya smiled 'sweetly' before she vamp sped over to him, holding him against the wall by his neck, baring her hybrid teeth and her eyes shining gold.

"Well this is a new one…" Silas said hoarsely, "What are you?"

Maya looked at him and smirked, "You don't already know, psychic?"

Silas narrowed his eyes and tried to read her mind again but ultimately failed.

"Where's Stefan?"

This time it was his turn to laugh, "Long gone."

"What does that mean?"

"You don't already know, tribrid?"

Maya's eyes narrowed when a new voice joined.

"What's going on?" Katherine said as she walked down the stairs.

"Katherine," Silas said, a satisfactory smirk on his face.

Katherine's eyes widened and she sprinted to the door but was stopped by the arrival of Damon and Jeremy.

"Get her out of here!" Maya shouted.

Jeremy nodded quickly, leaving the house and Damon walked up to us.

"How did you know?" he asked me.

"Well, it would appear that Silas and I have more than just one thing in common."

"You see, a long time ago, this dumbass here was in a love triangle with Qetsiyah and Amara. But one thing that seems to be left out of this story is the fourth member of this messed up story, Alexia."

"What?" Damon asked, obviously still completely lost.

"Silas is a döppelganger, the original one, just like Amara. Alexia is also one but no one has seen any of them because Alexia has found a way to get rid of them all, well until me that is. Qetsiyah was in love with Silas, Silas was in love with Amara and Alexia, Amara loved Silas, Alexia wanted nothing to do with any of it. The whole immortality thing happened and Silas force fed it to Alexia unable to imagine life without her," Maya explained. "In case you haven't caught on yet, Stefan's also a döppelganger. Silas's to be exact."

Maya pulled her hand away from Silas's throat confusing him and she flicked her wrist, sending him flying across the house, into a chair. She flicked her wrist once more and he was tied down.

"Now," Maya said, casually walking over to Silas, "We can either do this the easy way or the hard way. Your choice."

Silas remained silent.

"Fine. Here are your options. You either tell me where Stefan is and then maybe I think about killing you before Qetsiyah can get to you or I can just find her now and send her your location."

"Qetsiyah is dead."

"And that's where you're wrong."

"Give me Katherine then I'll tell you where Stefan is."

"You're really not in the position to be making demands."

Silas smirked when she turned to see Damon walking toward her.

"Damon…" Maya said cautiously, "Damon!"

Damon continued walking toward her with a stake, in a trance like state.

"Snap out of it Salvatore!"

He said nothing but continued after her.

"Fine, fine!" Maya shouted, not willing to risk anybody she cares about getting hurt, "I'll get you Katherine."