Chapter Five: Arriving in Denmark

Isla of Sussex

February 1st, 2014

I stood beside Harry as I held Diana in my arms and fixed her jacket.

"Harry, are you done changing your tie from blue to red?" I asked and Harry nodded as he shrugged his jacket back on.

"Okay, we are ready." He said before the door began to open. I heard the cheering of the crowds and I let out a small laugh before the stairs were wheeled up and we began walking down.

I waved politely to the crowd before we got to the bottom of the stairs and both Fredrick and Mary were waiting for us.

"Isla! Harry! And little Diana! Welcome to Denmark!" Fredrick said as he shook Harry's hand before hugging me.

"Thank you so much for inviting us!" I said before I kissed both of Mary's cheek and she looked down at Diana.

"She is so precious! She looks just like your mum Harry." Mary said and Harry smiled softly.

"I say that all the time. We are so happy to be here for the next two weeks." He said before a security detail walked over and handed me a bouquet along with a smaller one for Diana.

She squealed when she held it earning everyone around us to laugh.

"We will be leaving for Amalienborg Palace in half an hour. Her Majesty wants us all to interact with the crowd for a while." Mary explained and I nodded.

"Of course, Speaking with crowds is always one of my favorite things," I said as I handed the flowers and my clutch over to Sarah before I made my way to the left side of the crowd and waved hello.

"Hej allesammen!" (Hello everyone!) I said earning everyone to cheer. I shook hands with everyone and Diana waved politely before nestling herself into my neck.

"She is very beautiful, Your Highness." A woman said once I waved hello to her children.

"Thank you! This is her first real tour and she is very nervous." I explained as I patted Diana's back.

"My Anje was the same way. But her seeing you speak to us will break her out of it." She stated and I smiled at her.

"Thank you for coming. I hope you get out of the cold soon. I hear the hot chocolate here is amazing!" I said before I heard Harry calling for me. I waved one last time before meeting Harry halfway. He held up a poster that had photos of us.

"This little boy said I could keep it! Isn't it wonderful?"

"Is it? He did the design all by himself?"

"He did, his mum said he is only nine but has a talent," Harry explained before his secretary took the poster and we met Fredrick and Mary by the cars.

I climbed into the back and hooked Diana into her car seat and handed her flowers back to her.

"She truly is adorable. How old is she again?" Mary asked as we began our short journey towards the Palace.

"She will be ten months tomorrow. I'm already planning her first birthday party and planning her photos." I explained and Mary smiled before Diana grabbed her hand.

"I miss the twins this small." She said and I chuckled before looking up at Harry who sent me a wink.

It took twenty-five minutes to get to the palace and the guys got out first before I grabbed Diana and scooted to the end of the seat before Fredrick held his hand out for me and helped me out the car.

"Her Majesty is very excited to see you two again." He explained as we waved to the crowd once again before walking inside the castle.

In the foyer were Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II and her husband Prince Henrik. We all stopped before them and I curtsied as low as I could with Diana in my arms before I stood up.

"Harry, Isla, and baby Diana. It is so wonderful to have your family here for two weeks." Her Majesty said as she shook Harry's hand before turning to me.

"It is a pleasure to be here, Your Majesty," I said and she grinned at me.

"Come, my office is this way and we will have tea and relax for a moment." She said as she turned and both she and Henrik began leading us into the office three doors down. I sat beside Mary on one of the sofa's and placed Diana in between us.

"How was the flight? Was it too much for her?" Henrik asked and Harry shook his head.

"No, she slept through most of it but once Isla woke her up to start dressing her she was upset," Harry explained and I nodded.

"Diana loves her sleep," I said as a maid handed me a cup of tea and I thanked her before sipping it softly.

"So tonight we have a welcome banquet for you two. Tiaras of course so Isla I hope you have yours." Her Majesty said and I quickly nodded.

"I packed two. One for tonight and one for when we leave." I explained and she smiled.

"We will let you two rest tomorrow but on the third Isla, you will join Mary at visiting her foundation. Then on the fourth Harry, you will join Fredrick visiting some of our air troops. Then later that night an opera." Her Majesty said and I shared a look with Sarah who was writing all of this down on her phone.

"Of course, we are looking forward for this trip to strengthen the relationship between our two nations."

"If this tour goes as well as the tour of Isla in Sweden our two nations will be amazing friends once again." Margrethe said before Diana let out a whine. As I went to put my cup down and pick her up she was already cuddled into Mary's arms.

"I think someone is ready for her nap," Mary whispered as she rocked her softly.

"Silvia was right, your daughter is very lovable to others."

"Especially children. She loves her little cousin George." I explained as I brushed some of Diana's hair back.

"You three are staying in the guest suite. Your team will be shown to their rooms right after you settle in." Henrik explained as he stood up and fixed his jacket. He leaned over and kiss his wife's cheek before nodding at all of us and walking out of the office.

"Henrik has meetings he cannot reschedule. He will be there tonight. Isla you will walk in with Fredrick and Harry you will walk in with Mary. Now enjoy your tea before relaxing." Her Majesty ordered and I chuckled softly.

"Of course."