2.06 | THE FIRST TURNED

Start from the beginning

"Sounds like someone doesn't want their brother back." She edged playfully tilting her head towards him with a smile. "Why? You sad you won't get to spend as much time with Elena?"

"Maybe," he returned back, purposely trying to get under her skin. "We are really close friends, you know." He said with a smirk on his lips, wanting her to be the one jealous for once.

Olivia shook her head to herself. "You have a serious jealousy issue, Damon." She murmured playfully prompting him to roll his eyes in irritation. "You know sometimes I wonder if you're only jealous of the fact Stefan has Elena or if there's more too it then that." She said, a teasing voice undertoning her words, reversing the tables completely and using his own tactics against him. "I understand. I mean who wouldn't be jealous of his kind and gentlemanlike personality or his good looks or his sexy ⏤"

Damon cut off her words by shoving her lightly ⏤ it was only supposed to be a small playful shove to fuel out his growing irritation and jealousy due to how she was talking about his brother. In response, Olivia took several staggering steps back, her foot skimming across an array of rocks clumping around the edge of a cliff which consequently crumbled under the weight, causing her to lose her balance.

Seeing this, Damon immediately rushed over to her, managing to grab her arm before she fell into the waters below. "You alright?" He asked, experiencing an immediate rush of guilt as she took several shaky breaths as she gazed down at the rippling water below her.

"Maybe ask that after you pull me up." She resorted, making him roll his eyes which prompted a smile to breakthrough on her lips as she dangerously decided to continue teasing him. "If this were Stefan he would've already done it by now." She continued on, making him glare at her all the while keeping a firm grip around her lower arm. "What's wrong? You want to live up playing the hero for several more minutes?"

At those words, a smirk crossed over Damon's lips. "Why play the hero when it's so much more fun being the villain."

Her brows furrowed for a moment; confusion arising inside of her before her eyes widened in realisation. "Damon, don't ⏤" Her words were abruptly cut off when he released his hold on her arm leaving her to fall from the cliff and land in the cold waters below, a splash breaking the previously peaceful steady rhythm of the pulse of the water.

"Damon, what the hell?" She said, arising from the lake with several splashes following as she breathlessly shot a glare back up to him.

"Sorry to inform you about this but I'm not Stefan." He returned, his smirk still visible to Liv from the cliff above her making her quite literally want to strangle the smugness out of him. "Never will be. Never want to be." He finished just as swift footsteps filled both their ears, Ric and Elena appearing by Damon's side in a matter of seconds.

"What the hell happened?" Alaric asked, his eyes darting between the two in surprise as Elena peered over the cliff down at Olivia.

"Ask him." The blonde resorted, yelling up to the others with a glare.

Alaric shifted his head, noticing the smug expression and immediately returning with a disapproving look that Elena eventually mimicked. "You didn't."

"What?" He shrugged back.

"Great," she sighed out, splashing her hands down into the water causing several more bursts of droplets to shoot up either side of her, mirroring her current frustration. "Now I'm going to be soaking wet for the rest of the day."

Damon smirked, almost victoriously at the sight of her irritation before another look entirely broke through onto his face. Initially, it was a look of confusion before it shifted and deepened into one of concern and worry when Liv began glancing around the water, her brows drew together with a puzzled look on her face.