Prologue

(This story takes place several months after Nuada failed to raise the golden army, he and Nuala survived, however. This is the beginning of you falling for the Elven prince.)

   I walked down the long hall to my room in B.P.R.D. Today was very long, Red and Liz were in the infirmary getting an ultrasound done, I'm happy for them they deserve to be happy after all the shit we've been through. Also, Abe and Nuala are happy together, and I'm happy for them too.

   I, however, am upset with my current situation, I have to look after the man who wanted to destroy the human race. He is arrogant, rude, and glares at me every time I am supposed to check on him or walk around the compound with him. He despises me just because I'm a human, it isn't my fault people are assholes and don't care about anybody but themselves, it wasn't my fault his race was dying. Yet he treats me as if I'm going to turn around and kill him in his sleep one day. I don't know why Manning put my in charge of the spoiled brat, all I want is a day of peace and quiet no bickering no smart remarks just peace. I make my way to my door and smiled as I reached it. Unlocking it I quickly got in closing and re-locking it behind me I didn't want anyone interrupting my "Me Time".  

   Just as I started my coffee maker I heard a knock on the door, it was light and gentle. Knowing who it was immediately, I unlocked the door and opened it. 

  "Hello Princesses Nuala, how may I help you, your majesty." I bowed my head as I addressed her. All I got from her was a little giggle before she spoke.

  "I said you could just call me Nuala, no need to be formal we are friends." She smiled at me as I looked back up at her. "I wanted to come to talk to you and see how you were doing, taking care of my brother and all I know it can be a tiring task." I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

   "I mean no disrespect your maje- I mean Nuala, but your brother is the last person I would like to talk about right now. We can talk about anything else if you would like?" I gave her a soft smile relaxing as she nodded in an understanding way. I moved out of the way letting her walk in. I closed the door once more and walked over the coffee maker pouring me a cup. Nuala took a seat at the table in the small, cramped kitchen.  "Would you like some tea Nuala."  I turned to look at her waiting for an answer. 

   "Yes, thank you very much (Y/N)." She smiled up at me as she got comfortable. I put water in a kettle and brought it to a boil. "I was wondering, have you gone to see Liz and Hellboy recently." I sipped my coffee and turned around. 

   "No, I haven't, I didn't want to be a bother to them. they have had a hard time with everything that has happened I didn't want to add to it. Liz would probably start asking questions about your brother, she would be worrying herself over me no doubt." sighing I put the cup down on the counter. The kettle let out a high whistle telling me it was ready. I got out a teabag from the cupboard and put it in a cup, taking the kettle off the stove I poured the water in the cup before handing it to Nuala. She took the cup and then held my hand.

   "I'm sure they would be delighted to see you (Y/N). Liz has been wondering when you would visit her and Hellboy. That's really why I came here she wanted to know." I smiled and sat across from her with my coffee. 

   "Thank you Nuala, I will go see them. Is there anything else you would like to talk about while we have the time." She smiled and nodded. I looked at the clock, maybe me-time can wait.